• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Slavers captured my pc!

Guillaume

Julie and I miss her
Good evening all,

I just finished running Riding the Rail, from Dungeon Magazine #143, for my wife's solo campaign. The adventure had started well with her (gnome rogue/bard/investigator) and her bodyguard (DMPC warforged fighter/priest)
plowing through the ooze, the yuan-ti and the tieflins. She made a bad decision however that left her open to be cought up from behind by the two rogues and other tieflings as she was looking for someone in authority to hand over a prisonner.
The warforged went down and she got captured. They were sold off into slavery.

Now I have to come up with an adventure to follow up. As I like to use prepublished material, I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions.

Any help welcome,

exile

First Post
Though not an adventure per se, I suggest a quick reading of Trickster's Choice by Tamora Pierce. The novel follows the adventures of a young female noble after she is sold into slavery. The majority of the novel chronicles her mission to protect the children of her new master and mistress from harm. Using this premise, you can still paint her captors in a negative light, create shades of grey wherein not all slave owners are inherently evil, and use any published adventure that revolves around protection of a person or item (though it'll take some re-writing I'm sure).

Good luck to you. In any case, I'd love to hear how things turn out for the character. To be particularly vile, you should separate her from her warforged companion and make her rescue him once her own predicament is straightened out.

Chad

Guillaume

Julie and I miss her
Well, Thanks guys for the replies.

I took a look at the slaver series and it just didn't fit the local. We are playing in Eberron, and she is being taken into Droaam, very much landlocked. The slaver series, it seems to me, had a more maritime feel. So that didn't work.

I took a look also at The Great Escape adventure from the B9 Beyond Castle Caldwell. I liked the tone, but there was so much I wanted to change, that in the end I put it aside.

Finally, I decided to build my own adventure. I'm using the Map of Mystery from Dungeon #143 as my locale. I'm currently building the slavers: a bunch of goblnoids who crossed over into Breland to buy off their merchandise. They plan to march all the way to the Great Crag to sell their slaves, but stopped at a ruined fort from the Last War on the other side of the border to rest after two days of forced walking.

Shades of Green, I doubt that Julie is proactive enough as a player to even think about leading a revolt. But we'll see. She might just surprise me.

Exile, I read Trickster. I actually liked that novel. Unfortunately, I do not have the time to reread it before the next game (there is this little thing calle my Ph.D. Thesis that also needs a bit of work! ;) ). I might take you up on that suggestion about Narn, her warforged bodyguard. Could be fun.

If you have ideas or suggestions, keep them coming.

Thanks,

Remove ads