• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Slenderman Monster Stats

Dragyrn1456

First Post
yo peoples of the population of peoples!

So me and my friends were playing, and since we're one of those groups w/ a rotating DM, it was my turn, although i was working on my super epic map at the time, so i had to come up with one, and i wanted to put the Slenderman into it.
if you have no idea, look here-> Slender Man | Know Your Meme
i made some quick stats for him, but since my group is still level 8 or 9, i had to seriously undersize his stats at level 11. since i want him to be powerful, yet mysterious, i made it so that, w=once defeated the first time, he would phase away, and return some time later (ten levels up), and he would be level up to 22, and then to 33, where you should finally defeat him. his original stats were:

*Slenderman..................................................Level 11 Solo Controller
*Large Abberrant humanoid.........................700XP (+1000 lvl up)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Initiative: 20 (+20/lvl up)...........Senses: Perception +15, blindsight 10
*Aura: range 5 fear & awe, pulls enemies 1 sq./ turn if w/in range
*HP: 60 (+50/lvl up).....Bloodied: 30 (see HP) Note: unless he is level 33, the slenderman will not die, he will disappear for a future encounter.
*Speed: 9
*AC: 20 Reflex: 22 Will: 25 Fortitude: 22
*-|----- Claw Swipe (standard, at-will) Weapon, reach 2
1d20+5 v. AC, 1d6+2
*-|----- Tentacle Lash (standard, at-will), Weapon, reach 3
1d20+7 v. Reflex, 1d8+2(+3 if one square away)
*--)-> Frightful Glare (standard, | . |, |:. |, |:.:| <- dice) Fear
Range 10, 1d20+5 v. Will, 2d6+4, and target is repelled 2 squares
*--)-> Controlling Comfort (Standard, | . |, | : |, |: :|, |:.:|, |:::|)
range 10, 1d20+4 v. Will, 1d10+5 and target takes -2 to all damage against Slenderman
Alignment: Evil Languages: Supernal
Skills: insight +7, Perception +15, stealth +12
Str: 17 Dex: 19 Wis: 18 Con: 18 Int: 20 Cha: 19
Equipment: fancy suit (worth 1500 GP), Cloth armor +1 AC, 150 GP within pockets

Note: i absolutely suck at making a monster from scratch within an hour.

so yeah, there is the stats. if you would like to either A) approve and use it, B) suggest something for it, or C) give me your own ideas for the Slenderman, i would much appreciate it.

i did make a map for it, which involves a small town full of elves and an elven disguised doppelganger (friend), but i have yet to make a PDF for it, but i will be freely distributing it at some point.

if any of you care, the campaign involves the MarbleHornets character ToTheArk, who are (multiple people w/ the mask) either workers of the Slenderman, trying to keep people away from their master, or enemies of the Slenderman, trying to keep people safe by scaring them away from what is not their business. i have no clue as to which it is.

so yeah.

eriktheguy

First Post
I just finished writing up my own stats since MarbleHornets released their last entry. It claws some characters and tries to kill others by making them fail death saves (by embracing them while they are dominated).

Lots of annoying disables, but low HP.

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    150.8 KB · Views: 2,183

eriktheguy

First Post
Suggestions:
Multi-attacking. The solo should be able to damage 3 or 4 players per turn. Do this with area attacks, multi-attacks, and minor action attacks. For example, give the slender-man a standard action that lets him make 3 of his claw attacks.

Damage: Those damage expressions are very low. Try looking up the damage values used by MM3 monsters. Or use a tool such as this to help you.
https://power2ool.com/

Good luck scaring the f*** out of your players.

eriktheguy

First Post
For example, you could make tentacle lash a close burst 3 instead of a melee 3 attack. Combined with slenderman's movement you should be able to hit several players. About 2d10+11 damage is good. Perhaps let it slide everyone it hits 1 or 2 squares. This will help slenderman fulfill his controller role, and perhaps prevent the party from surrounding him every round.

You might want to consider giving him threatening reach. This would allow him to make opportunity attacks up to 2 squares away (the reach of his claws) and would make him a bit harder to flank, and help him exploit his controller properties.

Frightful glare and controlling presence won't do much. First of all they are standard actions, meaning that Slender has to give up his attack to use them. A push 2 isn't going to do much, the party member will just move back up next round. The -2 to attack seems to be intended to prevent a party member from damaging slenderman, but it's very small. Finally these are all ranged attacks. This solo will spend most of the fight adjacent to the party, leaving ranged attacks out of the question.

So a few more suggestions:
Frightful glare and controlling presence should be reworded as close bursts to avoid provoking OAs. Getting attacked 5 times isn't worth making one attack.
They should either be reworded as minor actions (with a 1/turn limit or a recharge) or they should have their damage and effects seriously upgraded to make them worth sacrificing an attack.

At the very least, pushing a target might be reworded to "the target moves its speed away from slenderman, and cannot move towards slenderman on its next turn". You might change -2 to attack into something more powerful such as 'weakened (save ends)'. These ranged effects will help slendy control the party, and keep them from all piling up on him.

More mobility. As it stands your combat is going to involve slenderman surrounded by 5 party members whacking him each turn. I suggest giving him some powers to shift, teleport, or otherwise move away from the party without provoking 5 OAs. An example is the attack power in my build of slenderman, which lets him make 3 attacks, shifting one square before each. It's not enough to give him unlimited reign of the battlefield, but it keeps things a bit more dynamic. For a more controllery feel you could give slenderman a teleport move power with a recharge, or even a teleport move speed.

Just keep in mind when designing solos that:
They need to match the damage output of a full encounter of 5 standards
They need to have a way to prevent the party surrounding them and using them as a pinyata

And keep in mind when designing slenders that:
If at least one party member doesn't complain about nightmares, you have failed as a DM ;)

Anyways, that's all the time I've got for now. I need to check out this strange videotape that arrived in the mail today. If I find any weird objects I'll be sure to film them in the dark and upload it to youtube in seven months or so.

Remove ads