• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Slightly OT] What to do if you're invited into a group?

Graf

Explorer
From my experience there are two kinds of gamers: people who are cool and people you don't want to play with.

Now intensity and creativity and excitement are all great traits, a presumption that you are superior to others is probably going to turn out poorly.

Two things people haven't mentioned.
1. DMing is a trip. Even DMs who are having trouble (or sometimes especially DMs who are having trouble) don't want to give up that rush. While there is some chance the DM doesn't really want to run a game anymore its also possible that they like their world/game/etc. I've instigated my fair share of riots against un-fun DMs in my day, IMHO if you want to be successful it's a long slow process (of course you never want them to feel like you're acting against them or their world).

2. You should awknowledge (to yourself) your desires to yourself before entering any new social situation where you feel like you need to be cool. In other words if you feel like you really want to run a game you should accept to yourself that you are out to run the game and work with the understanding that your behavior will be colored by that.
(though I realize I'm expressing it poorly this is probably one of the best life lessons I've ever learned. you can always change what you want, but you should know where you are mentally before you get into a relationship)

Sanackranib

First Post
No, but . . .

Nightfall said:
*chuckles* Yeah well I'd do that, but are you willing to pay for my plane ticket, a place for me to stay AND get me a job? ;)

I would be willing to alturnate who runs the game so that we could both be players in a quality game set in the SL but in different areas. and I would be willing to "negotiate" some house rules to keep the games consistant:D

What line of work are you in? you know when you arn't beining a sage and such.:p

ancient_ones

First Post
First impressions are very important. I Aways show up wearing my best pair of meat pants along with my tinfoil skull cap.

Last edited:

Sanackranib

First Post
ya what he said

ancient_ones said:
First impressions are very important. I Aways show up wearing my best pair of meat pants along with my tinfoil skull cap.

nightfall you REALLY should consider that last one *LOL*

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Re: ya what he said

Sanackranib said:

nightfall you REALLY should consider that last one *LOL*

Uhm no.

As for a line of work, I have NO work, other than this sage gig. I'm living off my folks at present.

Btw Graf, I'm sure I came off at least decent.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads