• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Slip o' the tongue

Barak

First Post
My players draw their own map, so I couldn't possibly do the secret door blunder.. Or could I?

"So the room is 20 feet by 20 feet, 'blah blah blah', there's a door in the middle of the eastern wall and a secret door on the southern wall. Well, it's not really -all- that secret."

And... Once when I was really tired, and should have ended the session earlier..

"*describing a room*.. Also, there's a broken longsword laying on top of the pit trap."

Crothian

First Post
One of mine went like this:

The group slowly opens the door and looks inside

Me: you see a vampire ....
Them: Attack!!
Me: huh...oh...damn it, just roll initiative.....

Mytholder

The system: Vampire. (Or, more accurately, Vampire/Mage/Werewolf with a special guest appearance by Mulder and Scully. Seriously. We were about 14.)

The plot: A massive investigation to find out which of the noble vampires of London is working for an evil spider-demon called Atlach-Nacha. The plot is supposed to contain twists, traps, backstabs, puzzles, mysterious, magic. (And Mulder and Scully. I can't recall why they were in it, but they were. I'd written up stats for them and everything.)

The ultimate revelation: The seneschal of London, a samurai vampire named Minobu, was actually Atlach-Nacha. (Dun dun duuuuuuun.)

What actually happens: The PCs are met at the airport by Minobu. I say 'ok, Atlach-Nacha get out of the car. Agh, no I mean Minobu, you don't know he's...oh.'

Even now, many years later: bugger.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Just this weekend, I asked someone to make a Fort Save DC 27. I never reveal Save DC's, especially since we use action points. :D D'oh!

genshou

First Post
Henry said:
Just this weekend, I asked someone to make a Fort Save DC 27. I never reveal Save DC's, especially since we use action points. :D D'oh!
That's funny. I always tell them the DC so they can know whether or not to use an action point when they fail. Call it an odd sense of player entitlement on my part.

werk

First Post
genshou said:
That's funny. I always tell them the DC so they can know whether or not to use an action point when they fail. Call it an odd sense of player entitlement on my part.

My! What an odd sense of player entitlement on your part.

[sorry, couldn't resist]

Dragonbait

Explorer
werk said:
genshou said:
My! What an odd sense of player entitlement on your part.

I don't know about you, but it certainly made my monocle fall off and into my glass of wine. Odd, indeed!

Remove ads