• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Slivers are evil, Slivers are sly....

Sarelth

Explorer
I have been going over all the slivers you have made so far. On the Magma you say that is the last that is not converted 3.5, does that mean all the other were not or only some of them.

Also, for the Mindwhip Sliver, you have one ability called Firefall, what is that? Is it a typo of Featherfall or fireball or something else? I have never seen a spell by that name. Another ability I do not recognize is Whitefire for the Sliver Queen, where is that spell from?

I also have done some editing of grammar and spelling throughout the rest of the slivers, but that is just for my own personal file, that I was telling you about. I won't post it anywhere, but I just like being able to read something without all the other comments. ;)

Last edited:

Sarelth

Explorer
Thanks, I have the Psi handbook, but rarely use it as I have not found a way to make Psionics balanced enough for my game. That is good to know though, since I can look them up now.

Krishnath

First Post
Sarleth: Non of the other slivers where completely 3.5, in fact, the Synapse, which will premiere next wednesday (barring events beyond my control), will be the first. Also, Firefall and Whitefire are in fact from the PsiHB, as will several of the synapse slivers abilities. ;).
Psionics all the way! Woot! :D

Anyone else care to comment?

I see ya take customes...

Void Sliver
Medium-sized outsider (sliver)
Hit Dice: 4d8+8 (28)
Initiative: +2 (Dex)
Speed: 30 ft., climb 30 ft.
AC: 16 (+2 Dex, +4 natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+4
Attack: claw +6 melee
Full Attack: claw +6 melee and Bite +1 melee
Damage: claw 1d4+2, Bite 1d6+1
Face/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Full Attack: -
Special Quialities: Void flight, vaccum addaptation, shared abilites
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +6
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 10,
Skills: Balance +7, Climb +15 (+8), Hide +17 (+10), Jump +7, Listen +9 (+2), Move Silently +9, Spot +9 (+2), Swim +7
Feats: Alertness, Combat Reflexes,

Climate/Terrain: Any underground
Organization: Swarm (20-80), Hive (Several thousand slivers and a queen)
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: None
Alignment: Neutral
Advancement: 5-6 HD (Medium-Size); 7-12 HD (Large)

Void slivers look like normal slivers, save for their rigid, platelike hide and large glowing nodules on their backs. They are a shiny black in coloration, with white, blue and red flecks dotting their shell.

Combat:
Void slivers tend to hang back in combat, their primary purposed being to grant their fellows the ability to survive in hard vaccum instead of fighting.
Vaccum Addaptation (ex): The sliver takes no damage from decompression, are immune to radiation, and do not need to breathe.
Void Flight (ex): While in hard vaccum, the sliver gains a fly speed of 3,000 ft. (6 squares on the spacecraft scale*)
Shared Abilites (ex): All slivers within 6,000 ft. (12 squares on the spacecraft scale*) gain the Void Sliver’s vaccum addaptation and void flight abilites.

*as seen in the Starfarer's Handbook

Sarelth

Explorer
A very interesting variant, Mostly only good for a game that uses space travel though, Such as a Sci-Fi setting, Spelljammer setting or Dragonstar. But it could prove interesting to say the least. You may need some sort of Sliver that can reach orbit though.

Krishnath> So when is the next installation of the Sliver Gourmet going to grace our eyes?

Because Krishath appears to be taking a sabatical from posting: more custom slivers!

Xen0-sliver
Large Outsider (Sliver)
Hit Dice: 4d8+8 (26 hp)
Initiative: +2 (Dex)
Speed: 30 ft., climb 30 ft.
AC: 16 (+2 Dex, +4 natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+10
Attack: Bite +6 melee
Full Attack: 5 bite +6 melee and Bite +1 melee
Damage: Bite 1d6+3
Face/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Full Attack: -
Special Qualities: Reality Dissonence, Sliver Qualities, Shared Traits
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +6
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 10,
Skills: Balance +7, Climb +15 (+8), Hide +17 (+10), Jump +7, Listen +9 (+2), Move Silently +9, Spot +9 (+2), Swim +7
Feats: Alertness, Combat Reflexes,

Climate/Terrain: Any underground
Organization: Swarm (20-80), Hive (Several thousand slivers and a queen)
Challenge Rating: 5
Treasure: None
Alignment: Neutral
Advancement: 5-6 HD (Medium-Size); 7-12 HD (Large)

Slivers can adapt to any enviornment, and often do. When a colony of slivers was plunged to the Far Realms, it adapted to the terrible maddness, and thus emerged the Xen0-sliver. Almost 10 feet long, these beasts have five arms each ending in a slavering maw. The color of their carapace changes sporodically, with strange, impossible configurations becoming apparent and then shift on to the next. Some examples include <pi> pointed stars, a five faced prisim, and other, stranger things.

Combat:
Xen0-slivers are lunitics in combat, attacking anything within reach, including themselves, trees, rocks, and even dirt if nothing else presents itself.
Reality Dissonence (Ex): Each round, roll a 1d6. Everything within 30 ft. of the Xen0-sliver, exept for other slivers, must make a Will saving thow, using their strength moddifier in place of their wisdom moddifier (DC 12+(1d6-3)) or suffer the effect indicated.
1: 1d6 vile damage
2: the 5 foot cubes that make up the creature’s space need not form a square for the next 2d6 rounds. At the end of this time, the creature resumes its normal space, at any one of the 5 ft. cubes that makes up its space.
3: becomes a random sliver for 2d10 rounds
4: 2d6 acid damage
5: save bonusus are swapped randomly
6: creature is thrown onto the Far Realm
Shared Qualities: All slivers within (2d6x10) feet of a Xen0-sliver gain the Xen0-sliver’s Reality Dissonence ability.

Krishnath

First Post
Sarelth said:
Krishnath> So when is the next installation of the Sliver Gourmet going to grace our eyes?

When I find the time, next month perhaps. I have 20+ slivers to convert over to the new system, plus a revision of the sliver abilities to go through.

But don't worry, I do intend to finish them. ;)

I'm still loking for original art to them, if anyone is interrested in doing some?

Last edited:

gamecat

Explorer
Forgive me...

Sliver Decoy
Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wiz 7
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Personal
Duration: Insantaneous

You transmute your own aura to match that of a sliver. While this affords you no control over the other slivers, you do gain an insight into the local hivemind as well as gain the benefits of the auras of all slivers within range of their aura.

Material Component: A sample of the talon from 3 different slivers.

Prolly too high level, but too high is better than too low...

forgive me...

Remove ads