• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Slivers are evil, Slivers are sly....

Krishnath

First Post
Hmm, interresting spell, if it wasn't for one small thing, the sliver mind is so alien and uncomprihensible that I would not allow anyone whom is not a polyglot or a telepath to communicate anything but base emotions in this way, and even then I would need a will save to allow anything intelligble to be understood.

But that's just me.

gamecat

Explorer
Krishnath said:
Hmm, interresting spell, if it wasn't for one small thing, the sliver mind is so alien and uncomprihensible that I would not allow anyone whom is not a polyglot or a telepath to communicate anything but base emotions in this way, and even then I would need a will save to allow anything intelligble to be understood.

But that's just me.
I'd say it lets you understand... it is a 7th level spell and all, tounges being 3rd...

Krishnath

First Post
gamecat said:
I'd say it lets you understand... it is a 7th level spell and all, tounges being 3rd...
Personally I still think it would need a save to make anything intelligible out of it.

But as I said, it's probably just me.

Seig Warheit

First Post
Your slivers are awesome! I would love to draw your slivers for you! I am a very good artist, gamecat can tell you that much. Also, how come you didn't make a horned sliver? Or did you... Maybe it's me. I am so going to run a game with these slivers. Right now I use a Sliver Deck, and I win 80% of the time with it. It's all about Muscle Sliver, Essence Sliver, Heart Sliver, Plated Sliver, and Shared Triumph.

Krishnath

First Post
Seig Warheit said:
Your slivers are awesome! I would love to draw your slivers for you! I am a very good artist, gamecat can tell you that much. Also, how come you didn't make a horned sliver? Or did you... Maybe it's me. I am so going to run a game with these slivers. Right now I use a Sliver Deck, and I win 80% of the time with it. It's all about Muscle Sliver, Essence Sliver, Heart Sliver, Plated Sliver, and Shared Triumph.

Feel free to do art for any of the slivers. I prefer black/white line drawings or pencils. It would be prefereble if the pictures where no larger than 7x7 cm. But if they are large I can always reduce their size. I will not be able to pay you for the art, as I inted to use if for a PDF that will be free to whomever want's it.

As for the early slivers, I have converted them all, but they are in another thread.

Also, regarding your sliver deck, why shared triumph? It's much more fun to do: Sliver Queen + Heart Stone + Ashnods Altar. Then attack with 1000000+ sliver tokens. :D

Last edited:

Sarelth

Explorer
I use the Sliver Queen, Heart Stone, Ashnods Alter combo with a couple Victual Sliver's (for life), a couple Acidic Slivers (For Damage) and a few other surprises for when people see the combo about to blow up. With Infinite slivers, most people try to take you out well before you get the Combo off. Though I find that Aluren helps vs that a little [Play creatures with converted mana cost 3 or less for free as an Instant]. Though having Mistform Slivers can now help a bit now, since you can save any slivers that someone tries to cast Extinction on, just change their creature type. ;)

So when do we get some more Slivers?

Krishnath said:
Feel free to do art for any of the slivers. I prefer black/white line drawings or pencils. It would be prefereble if the pictures where no larger than 7x7 cm. But if they are large I can always reduce their size. I will not be able to pay you for the art, as I inted to use if for a PDF that will be free to whomever want's it.

As for the early slivers, I have converted them all, but they are in another thread.

Also, regarding your sliver deck, why shared triumph? It's much more fun to do: Sliver Queen + Heart Stone + Ashnods Altar. Then attack with 1000000+ sliver tokens. :D

Seig Warheit

First Post
I don't use Sliver Queen, probably because I don't have one.... I use waht I have though. I do have 2 Sliver Overlords, however. Anyway, like I was saying I usually kill ppl before I have enought mana to pay for a sliver Queen and an Ashnod's Altar and a Heartstone. Yup. Anyway, I'll start drawing those Slivers.

Krishnath: about the Sliver's Range, don't you think the range should be , well, alot bigger? If you think about magic, battles take place in big places like mountains plains islands forests swamps etc. and the Slivers still share their abilities.

Sarelth

Explorer
IMO, the reason that the range for the Sliver's Ability sharing is limited is due to the issue of Balance. If the ability was sharable for anywhere on a giving plane suddenly every Sliver becomes identical due to the fact that a hive consists of so many variants. To make them more balanced and allow for customizable encounters, you make the abilities only have a certain range, then when you are building the encounters for your Players you can make the whole thing change just a little by adding one new Sliver to the Mix.

About Decks: I have 2 Sliver queens, 2 Sliver Overlords and 2 of almost every Sliver, except for a few of the ones that make little sense for the deck. I must say Crystalline Slivers are very useful in the big games that I usually play in, no one can specifically target any of them, :) Though those damn global effects are still a problem.

Seig Warheit

First Post
Sarelth said:
IMO, the reason that the range for the Sliver's Ability sharing is limited is due to the issue of Balance. If the ability was sharable for anywhere on a giving plane suddenly every Sliver becomes identical due to the fact that a hive consists of so many variants. To make them more balanced and allow for customizable encounters, you make the abilities only have a certain range, then when you are building the encounters for your Players you can make the whole thing change just a little by adding one new Sliver to the Mix.

I wasn't talking about a whole plane of a difference but a 1 mile range. This would be a good range for the shared abilities.

Sarelth

Explorer
Well, I think my explanation was a little wide spread, I agree. But the general idea was what I was going for. :)

It is mostly a Balance issue I believe. Imagine being the poor smuck that is within one mile of the Sliver Hive, fighting a Single Sliver that is equal to the 23 different types that are all back at the hive. That single sliver does not even need to have any abilities of it's own, it is equal to some dragons in power and does not even need to worry about calling for help, the Hive already knows what is happening and is sending reinforcements to slaughter the offending party.

Could be amusing to see, from a safe place of course. :)

Of course I could be Full of something to, hard to say since no one else has commented yet. ;)

Remove ads