• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Slowly leaving ENworld...

Turanil

First Post
Well, this past year I grew more and more fed up and bored with d20/D&D 3e, prefering to it other games such as Castles & Crusades, Savage Worlds, or True20. As such I have less and less to say about d20 that isn't a complaint. Then, I am seriously at work on a project of mine (a comic book), thus spending my time on forums dedicated to that subject rather than on ENworld. I still come here to take a look everyday, but I feel less and less incentive to contribute to threads. I will probably continue to post at least once per day, but it looks more like I am slowly deserting. Well, I just wanted to tell for those who may have noticed (maybe one or two people here on ENworld heh?)... Times for other shores it seems...

Mycanid

First Post
Ahh cheer up Turanil. :) Gaming comes and goes in waves, like many interests. If you want to explore other things do so, but don't burn the 'ole bridges.

You made one camper happy today by posting in another thread at least! ;)

Nyaricus

First Post
Don't sweat it dude, Mycanid has it right when he says that intrests come and go; heck, when I started on EN World last year I was a House Rules ONLY poster and got up to about 500 posts just doing that. I had a bunch of stuff I needed help with (ideas and all that) and now I don't do much of creating new stuff to share with EN World - there just isn't much to share!

So don't worry about it, in any case. We'll still be here when you come back :)

Peace and good luck with your comic et al.

William Ronald

Explorer
Turanil, I have been busy of late, so I have not been posting much. However, we do seem to have people come and go in waves. Also, interests change with time. So, post when you wish. Perhaps instead of looking for threads that are "rules heavy" look for ones that deal with some constants in gaming such as the interaction of the people in the game or similar issues. This way, you can still participate and perhaps give some people valuable insights.

Treebore

First Post
Yeah, there is still plenty for you to get involved in. Even though I have been DMing C&C full time for 8 months now I still find plenty of threads to give my .02 in, besides the ones in which I tell how awesome I think C&C is. :) There is plenty of experience and perspective you have to share with others.

kibbitz

First Post
Well, been in and out of ENWorld a lot, and for the last few times, I've not been even reading D20 material, let alone play... Still keep coming back though. While I don't know that many people around and while I've nothing to really contribute most of the time, the people here make it a joy to be around... at least more than some other forums I've been to.

What I'm trying to say is, don't force yourself to be here if you feel that you don't wanna be around, but the doors are always open and you will always be welcome, even if you don't feel that way.

tonym

First Post
I noticed you complain a lot. Your reasons for slowly leaving Enworld make sense to me.

After all, if you are "fed up and bored with d20/D&D 3e," posting your complaints over and over on ENworld is a weird way to spend your time, IMO.

Tony M

Treebore

First Post
Turanil,

A couple of links on your web page go to some website named Alice, and the language is not english. They were the Netbook of classes, Vol 2, I think. Also the one about Goblins and another one on Beasts. I did not check out the other downloads in their particular sections, so you may want to.

Thanks for creating the website, lots of good downloads! I never even thought to look for Bastion's, even though I own all the Oathbound stuff.

Algolei

Explorer
I'm almost never here anymore either, for some of the same reasons. My hat of d02, working on another project, meteors hitting the earth, people who can't drive, being a dipsh-...oh, wait. :confused: I'm getting my threads crossed again.

(I really shouldn't post with more than one window open anymore.)

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Back in 2004, I stopped checking ENWorld for about 10 months (except by coincidence, for the day Angelboi's death was announced)

Go ahead and take a break, we'll still be here if you decide to come back. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads