(Small publishers collaboration) d20 Future setting? (UPDATE 8-21-04)

mroberon1972

First Post
Chaos Drake said:
I'm interested but too many cooks can spoil the broth, or delay it until the next morning's breakfast. ;)

Not if it's a well organized kitchen.

Can I take it you're Wanting to join in this little project?

That would mean we have: PlotDevice, Chaos Drake, and myself as saying 'Aye'. We also seem to have a few may-bes...

Since I offered up the idea, I'll also offer a private forum for its development. I can also offer e-mail and document storage if/when needed...

Whoops. I thought you were saying you were interested in joining any existing projects as well. My bad.

I would be happy to help out though as much as I can despite having some irons in the fire already.

Edward (The Guy with No Groovy Internet Handle)

mroberon1972

First Post
Edward Kann@StoryART said:
Whoops. I thought you were saying you were interested in joining any existing projects as well. My bad.

I would be happy to help out though as much as I can despite having some irons in the fire already.

Edward (The Guy with No Groovy Internet Handle)

Actually, the idea is to get everyone together to design it from the ground up. Ideas that already exist are welcome as a part of the whole, though...

Kaledor

First Post
Sounds interesting!

I'm mostly an artist, but I have been known to write a few words or two... I love game mechanics (the crunchy bits) but can also swing a bit of flavor text.

If you're still going ahead with the project, I'd be willing to jump on board.

I also work with a d20 publishing group, Khan's Press, and they may (not speaking for them) be interested in helping too if need be...

mroberon1972

First Post
All right, I'm setting up an area for design and development.

All publishers have to do to get in is:
1. Go to www.ancient-awakenings.com
2. Register as a new user.
3. Post a message in the 'Gaming Discussion' forum with your login name, company you work for/own, and a weblink to it.

I will then add you to a 'Collaborators' group that will give access to 4 private forums.

Chit-Chat: General discussion of the project.
Development: Overall design and development discussion.
Documents: Document and editing forum.
Art: Artwork and graphic design.

We will have upload and download capabilities for documents and art, and I will consider any anything further we need as I become aware of it.

mroberon1972

First Post
Ok, Now that things are getting back to normal:

Last call!

Anybody interested? I would kinda like to get the ball rolling on this, so the sooner the better. Also, once we have a group of publishers together, I don't want to add in new people as it tends to disrupt more than it helps.

What about it?

afstanton

Explorer
I haven't flipped through d20 Future yet, so this is an honest question: How much is marked as OGC? It's not on the WotC website yet as part of an SRD, so I'm just curious.

Thanks,

Aaron

mroberon1972

First Post
afstanton said:
I haven't flipped through d20 Future yet, so this is an honest question: How much is marked as OGC? It's not on the WotC website yet as part of an SRD, so I'm just curious.

Thanks,

Aaron

Dunno, Guess we find out later...

mroberon1972

First Post
Well, two publishers have stepped up to the plate so far. Sean Murray of Khan's Press and Evan of PlotDevice.

We're still looking for a few more people to help set this up, and will need to get to work soon on brainstorming for what style of setting we're all going to work on.

I hope to see you soon,

John Bowden
Ancient Awakenings Publications.

Remove ads