• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Smallville- Exposed (11/3/2005)

DanMcS

Explorer
Was tonight's episode a rerun? Seems like there's usually a thread by this time. Minor spoilers follow.

I stopped watching smallville a while ago. The early seasons were great, but then there was too much melodrama and it bugged me, so I haven't seen a complete episode in a while. Apparently they've introduced Lois as Chloe's cousin.

Chloe works at the Daily Planet (yay!), gets a call from a girl wanting to talk to a reporter, she and Lois go to investigate, the girl gets whacked. Investigation ensues, Lois temps at a strip club, there's a cameo by an entire episode of the Dukes of Hazard, Clark saves the day and Lois beats the crap out of some guy. A lot of discussion of heroes in this episode, which I really liked.

I think time off from this show was just what I needed, because I loved the whole thing. It might have helped that there was really no Lana this episode, and she was a major source of the whiny teen drama stuff that bugged me. But every time Clark lifted a haybale like a kleenex box, or used super-hearing, or ran really fast, I had glee. When he jumped up and hauled down the helicopter, and then caught it in one hand, it was awesome. It's fricking [size=+1]Superman[/size], man! I need to find all the episodes I missed and watch them, this show is great. And apparently they've had on aquaman and the flash? I was a fool, and I am sorry.

Dragonblade

Adventurer
It is a good show overall and I'm glad I've stuck with it. I agree that some episodes are hit or miss though. Its good that you missed last week's Lana as a vampire episode and picked this week to get back into it. A little bit of Lana goes a long way for me.

Though the episode with Clark as Christ figure being resurrected by Jor-El was hands down the best episode I have seen since the Season 4 premiere. So far this season has been pretty good.

Fast Learner

First Post
This episode was, in my opinion, the weakest of the season. Definitely catch up, especially (imo) the last half of last season and all of this season. Great stuff!

Crothian

First Post
The writing has improved, that's the biggest change I've noticed. It was a nice episode lot of great Dukes of HJazard stuff.

Taelorn76

First Post
I enjoyed the ep. It wasn't the greatest, but it was decent. The throwbacks to the "good ol boys" was great. It was nice to see them on screen together.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Since this isn't a "spoiler" thread per se, I'll put this in an sblock:
[sblock]Some Dukes of Hazzard tidbits:

-Jack Jennings has a habit of "leaving the keys in the ignition"
-Jennings crawls through the window because the passenger door is stuck
-ROAD JUMP! :)

Would've been more fun if it was Senator Tom Jennings, but you can't win 'em all. :)

As for the "A" plot: The Lois stripping scene in the previews was a lot sexier than they made it out on the episode, and her and Clark's mutual disgust with one another is assured. :) The look Tom Welling had on his face was as if he were watching his sister strip, which was perfect.
The more I think about it, the more Lex was played perfectly on this episode; velvet glove on the outside, with an iron fist (complete with retractable dagger) on the inside. On the surface he's a "decent man", but it wouldn't take much to assume he'd already had plans to turn over the phone records, given his "I wouldn't, but you know the reporters will find this too" speech.

Good Episode, and leaves me wondering if they'll follow up on this "Johnathan Kent for senator" plotline.[/sblock]

Fast Learner

First Post
That way he can be assassinated, fulfilling Jor-El's prophecy and cementing Clark's budding enmity with Lex (as it will look like Lex was involved). So predicts me.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads