• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Smite Evil as Part of a Full Attack?

Do you allow Smite Evil as part of a full attack?

• Yes

Votes: 81 93.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 6.9%

robberbaron

First Post
So, would you allow a Paladin with more than one Smite to use the ability on more than one attack in a Full Attack?

I would (and have done it myself) but am interested what you guys think.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Alpha Polaris said:
the paladin goes "womp, womp, smite evil", and the small to-hit bonus (+6 or so ;) ) helps landing the third iterative attack.

Gosh, I'd hate to risk losing the smite evil on a third iterative attack!

Primary attack baby! After all, if I'm using Smite Evil it must be time to bring the big guns out, right?

Starglim

Explorer
edit: As a normal melee attack, a paladin can use smite evil as part of a full attack - in fact, above 5th level, he could do so multiple times in a full attack.

werk

First Post
Starglim said:
edit: As a normal melee attack, a paladin can use smite evil as part of a full attack - in fact, above 5th level, he could do so multiple times in a full attack.

Agreed.

But then can he use it on a charge, as a charge is not a normal melee attack?

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
robberbaron said:
So, would you allow a Paladin with more than one Smite to use the ability on more than one attack in a Full Attack?

I would (and have done it myself) but am interested what you guys think.

We do. Our Silver Flame paladin/Fist of Raziel was notorious for his Smite crit streams.

Brad

wildstarsreach

First Post
If you don't allow it then you are really neutralizing where the paladin would shine. They are good but not comparable to a fighter is they can't use this as part of a full attack when applicable.

irdeggman

First Post
Maybe I'm missing somethign but I don't see where the smite ability requires it to be used at that moment. What I mean you could use a standard action to charge your attack and then with your next standard (or full attack) action execute the smite as part of the attack correct?

I'm not saying this wouldn't make it extremely painful and slow to work in-game but it would seem to be "allowed" and fit all of the listed references too.

Remove ads