• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Smoke Paraelemental - Smoke Claws

Olorin

Into the West
No duration is given for this ability (MoP p. 184)... also no limit on how often the paraelemental can perform it.

Was just curious, would you let it do this every round? If it succeeds, does it last until the target is dead or makes its saving throw (or the paraelemental dies)? That's how I ran it.

One limitation, I wouldn't let it be able to affect the same target multiple times... seems like once you have some smoke inside you clawing at your innards, more wouldn't do much.

skymage

Explorer
sounds like you ran it right. the smoke is inside the creature or player until the fort save is made so i don't see why it couldn't continue to do the damage every round, and i agree that more smoke isn't going to cause more damage. i wouldn't allow the elemental to use the attack again until the fort save was successful, and the smoke was expelled.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads