• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S'mon in Tennessee - anyone in the Nashville, Lawrenceburg or Knoxville areas?

Twowolves

Explorer
Funny story: I read just yesterday that repairs to the Opry Mills Mall had been stiffled by an insurance settlement disagreement. Gaylord wanted $200 million, the insurance company authorized $50 million, and the whole thing has been tied up in courts for almost a year. They reached a private agreement yesterday and work is about to start on the mall soon.

jdcash

First Post
There is also a comic/gaming store downtown called Organized Play. I don't get down there often so I can't tell you what to expect other then a friendly owner and a shop with some charm.

I spent 5 weeks in the Knoxville area and the people at Organized Play were more than awesome. I travel a lot and I have never been treated better by the both the staff and local gamers.

Greylock

First Post
I'm in Memphis, which may as well be on Mars if you are in the Nashborough area. But Memphis has long had a pretty strong gaming community, even if we've lost most of our game stores, or seen them reduce inventory dramatically, thanks to the late disturbance. Memphis has a good community though, as does Jackson and Knoxville. I've never associated the capital with any sort of gaming culture. I don't even think they have a local con there. Memphis supports two, and I think Knoxville has one. So, if you find anything, pass the word along.

Oh, and you know Spoony Bard is in Knoxville, right? You can find him at Kay's, maybe other forums too, if you are interested in saying howdy to him.

Remove ads