• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Smudges - All Core books

Ninja-to

First Post
I was very dismayed to find that the core book set I've been waiting for for ages now has a major problem. The ink smudges fairly easily if you place your thumb on it for any long period of time. Anyone else had this problem?

Byronic

First Post
Ninja-to said:
I was very dismayed to find that the core book set I've been waiting for for ages now has a major problem. The ink smudges fairly easily if you place your thumb on it for any long period of time. Anyone else had this problem?

I find the quality of the new books (physical) horrible. The only good thing I can say is that they don't smell, they're nice and heavy and seem to be crease resistant. Like polyester.

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Ninja-to said:

My PHB did this. Noticed it a few weeks ago. Cover is bowed a little too. MM and DMG seem to be ok.

shamsael

First Post
Ninja-to said:

I tried it for 30 seconds, 1 minute and 3 minutes and was not able to duplicate this.

Xfer83

First Post
I was using my thumb as a bookmark while watching TV for about 15-20 mins and I managed to smudge up a line or three of text.

FunkBGR

Explorer
No problems here so far, but I haven't looked closely.

I would not call them horrible though. As a person who bought the first printing of Midnight and second(?) printing of Conan from FFG and Mongoose, whose books FELL APART within a week of getting them, I think the quality is just fine so far.

* FFG and Mongoose promptly replaced the books w/o any fuss, by the by, so don't take this as a hit against them!

Remove ads