• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Smudges - All Core books

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
I purchased the Core boxed set and three extra PHBs. They ALL have issues with smudging and "wavy" pages. I got a really bad batch of books; the boxed set came through Buy.com and the three PHBs came thru Amazon.

Vickrin

First Post
Wavy pages

Must admit that i bought all three core books and all have the wavy pages. Must have happened in shipping (in new zealand).

DSRilk

First Post
My 4 core books (2 copies of the PH) are all doing well and of fine quality. KotS is a piece of garbage, print-quality-wise, however.

shinmizu

First Post
Beastman said:
I'm disappointed with the quality (and never had problems with my 3.5 books, despite WotC saying 4th and 3.5 books are the same qialiuy/material and also denying that there are problems with the books - just read their forum entries...)
They are most definitely not the same material--they smell completely different.

Forge

First Post
I have had smudging in my MM and some slight warping of the PHB cover that has gone away after being on the bottom of a pile of books for awile.

Xfer83

First Post
I'd like to report some waviness noticed as well, I live in PA its been fairly hot and humid but the books have been spending all their time in sweet sweet AC. I can't say that I like it, but I also can't say its really impacted my ability to read the books.

Ander00

First Post
Apart fromt the typically warped pages, two out of three PHBs came with torn pages, with one of them being in really bad shape (it wouldn't look much worse if a hamster had made its home in it or something).

cheers

w_earle_wheeler

First Post
No smudges yet in mine -- but that may be because of how I handle them, remembering how easily my 3.0 PHB smudged.

However, I've had a big problem with page wrinkles/creases from the books in my gift set.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads