• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Snake's Swiftness, Mass: Better than Fireball?

kyonu

First Post
Turns out a friend of mine has the book, and he took a quick scan and e-mailed it to me. you are right, the War Weaver is indeed awesome, and I have found I want to travel down that path.

Question tho, it has a restriction of "level 3 arcane spells", does that mean I need to be level 7 (Because I wouldn't have "already known level 3 spells") or level 6, because I get level 3 spells at that level?

Dandu

First Post
You qualify at level 6, but have to be level 7 to take your first level in the class.

If you use an early entry method, such as Versatile Spellcaster + Heighten Spell, then you can qualify at level 4 and get in at level 5, unless there are other restrictions.

Note: The early entry trick is stated to work in the FAQ.

shadyizok

Explorer
I'm glad you found a prestige class that works for you. Let me know how it works out (I've got a wizard5/warweaver1 going on myself).

kyonu

First Post
You qualify at level 6, but have to be level 7 to take your first level in the class.

If you use an early entry method, such as Versatile Spellcaster + Heighten Spell, then you can qualify at level 4 and get in at level 5, unless there are other restrictions.

Note: The early entry trick is stated to work in the FAQ.

Well you still require Enlarge Spell feat to qualify for the class, which I assume I will be getting at level 6 anyways, just to go into that class... Is there a tricky way to bypass that anywhere? Being an Elf (via RP reasons) and not human, I don't get 2 feats at first level, so that leaves me with 3 feats total, 1st, 3rd and 6th. (Of course, if that's not correct, let me know.)

Otherwise, I should be good to go. I had enough skill points to put 6 into Craft (Weave), and I was able to retrain my feats into Versatile Spellcaster + Heighten Spell... But if I can't get it because of the Enlarge Spell requirement, I can just gain Enlarge Spell, lose the combo-feats and take two more that are more useful. Any ideas?

@shadyizok: No problo. I'm playin' him saturday night, I'll see how it turns out! (If I can get into that PrC that is.)

Dandu

First Post
You have three feats. Why can't you get Versatile Spellcaster, Heighten Spell, and Enlarge spell?

If you want more feats, there's always... THE DARK CHAOS SHUFFLE!

kyonu

First Post
You have three feats. Why can't you get Versatile Spellcaster, Heighten Spell, and Enlarge spell?

If you want more feats, there's always... THE DARK CHAOS SHUFFLE!

That was kind of my point. I get the third feat at 6th level, which is the level I just leveled up to. Are you normally able to select the feat before the class?

EDIT: Besides, DM specifically stated at the beginning of the game. "Anything goes, just no Dark Chaos motherf****** spells feat combo s***." Ha, guess he knows about it then.

Dandu

First Post
Feat and class choice occur at the same time, as far as I know. If you pushed me, then I'd say class comes first.

You should be able to pull off Versatile Spellcaster, Heighten Spell, and Enlarge Spell as a level 6 Elven sorcerer unless you can't rebuild that far.

kyonu

First Post
I can rebuild all my feats, but that would still mean I'm a level 6 sorcerer, but a 0-level War Weaver. In that case, I'll get Enlarge Spell, and a couple other more useful feats, and not worry about getting into the class a level early.

kyonu

First Post
Infact, I may replace Heighten Spell with Empower Spell, that way I can give 3 allies (4 when I hit level 8) +7 initiative at the beginning of each combat. (including myself)

Nerveskitter + Empower Spell (5 + 1/2 (2) = 7) + War Weaver's "Eldritch Tapestry" since Nerveskitter has a "target," not a touch, and is a beneficiary spell. Hmmm, the possibilities with this class are endless...

EDIT: Nix that, Empower Spell would mean it'd be a third-level spell, which means I can't cast it through the Tapestry... Regardless, +5 init for 4 party members is still pretty intense. (And as a swift action, so I can easily do more stuff for that round.)

Last edited:

Remove ads