• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sneak Attack vs. DR

Nail

First Post
saucercrab said:
I think it gets muddy when dealing with multiple types of damage. For a +1 flaming short sword, I think it would only be considered piercing damage though, right?
It's not that bad.

Try this to simplify: Does a +1 flaming short sword bypass DR x/blugeoning?

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Vurt said:
"A successful sneak attack with a weaponlike spell deals extra damage of the same type the spell normally deals."

As an aside, Monte Cook has stated that a sneak attack with a weapon that deals purely vile damage (like a vile lance, say) adds its d6s in non-vile damage.

-Hyp.

saucercrab

Explorer
Nail said:
It's not that bad.

Try this to simplify: Does a +1 flaming short sword bypass DR x/blugeoning?
Not what I was going for (& my fault for not specifying). I was working off of the aspect of what type of damage sneak attack would count as. Doesn't affect DR in this case, but can affect other things (like regeneration). But again, I was starting to move off topic.

werk

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
As an aside, Monte Cook has stated that a sneak attack with a weapon that deals purely vile damage (like a vile lance, say) adds its d6s in non-vile damage.

-Hyp.

Sneak attack with a lance?
kekekegay.gif

werk

First Post
mikebr99 said:
you have a problem with a big pointy Stick?

Mike

Just had a mental image of someone trying to sneak around with a 10' long (or longer) stick tucked under their arm...or maybe strapped to their back.

Also, it's a reach weapon, and SA with reach weapons always make me giggle.

shilsen

Adventurer
werk said:
Just had a mental image of someone trying to sneak around with a 10' long (or longer) stick tucked under their arm...or maybe strapped to their back.

Also, it's a reach weapon, and SA with reach weapons always make me giggle.
Rule 37 of gaming: Names don't matter.

Sneak attacks don't necessarily (or even, in my experience, usually) involve sneaking. Most of the time it involves someone out in the open and flanking with a buddy.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads