• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Snow White and the Huntsman (spoilers)

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Uh. Saw the movie. It was horrible mainly because of a) main lead and b) plot. It was kinda boring. Lady Snow White had 2 different looks sour jaw closed and confused annoyed jaw open looks. Can't she smile, really. I think she was acting herself. I wonder how that girl made popular movie star.

Male lead didn't help.

Waste of my time. I wish they finally realize Twilight-lady can't act and don't put her into any more roles that require to play emotions.

ComradeGnull

First Post
Watched it, liked it, but not as much as my SO did. Production design was great- everything looked fantastic, and I can be happy seeing movies just for their visuals. Yes, there were some plot holes (the Queen keeping Snow White alive could have been easily explained away in one line- they just failed to do it; Snow White not needing physical therapy and a training montage to do Heroic Princess-ey things was fine with me, given that it's a fairy tale rather than a Rocky sequel) but they weren't too obtrusive to me.

Two biggest weaknesses in my book:
1) Kristen Stewart. Not charismatic enough to warrant the attention paid to the character, limited range as an actress. Read something somewhere that said her entire acting range consists of adopting a 'who farted?' look while glaring slightly to one side of the camera, which pretty much sums it up for me.

2) The final confrontation with the queen was a little weak and non-fairy tale like for me. Yes, who would have guessed that the evil queen's secret weakness was... being stabbed to death.

Bonus Weirdness: Watched this movie just a couple days after watching Black Death on Netflix... my takeaway lesson from both movies was 'don't live in a village in a marsh'.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads