• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So A PC is Having a Baby...

roguerouge

First Post
... what does your PC give for the baby shower? A miniature sword? A magic bottle of some sort? A "special" binky? What?

Go nuts. Use any published source. Make up anything on your own, funny or actually helpful.

If it helps, the PCs are in Freeport right now. The mother is a sorceress.

kitsune9

Adventurer
... what does your PC give for the baby shower? A miniature sword? A magic bottle of some sort? A "special" binky? What?

Go nuts. Use any published source. Make up anything on your own, funny or actually helpful.

If it helps, the PCs are in Freeport right now. The mother is a sorceress.

A sphere of annihilation (with the talisman of course). Kids love those and they are all the rage these days.

Rechan

Adventurer
A wand of Leomund's Hidden Playpin.

A crib with a permanent Stoneskin effect on anything inside.

Figurine of Wondrous Power: Tin Puppy.

Self-cleaning diapers.

Last edited:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I'd say anything from Curious Items: Child's Play - Healing Fireball | RPGNow.com. It has a section on non-magical toys, a section on alchemical/mechanical toys, and a section on magical toys.

There's also a list of presents (from Santa for good children, and from the Krampus to monster children) in the similarly themed Octavirate Presents Vol. #2: Night of the Krampus by Octavirate Games.

One entry in last month's DM's Sketchpad over on the Grand OGL Wiki had a construct called the Arcane Guardian, used to recall an adventurer's soul into a construct at home so it could protect his family. Email the administrator of the site to see if you can get the PDF of the compilation.

Finally, one of the magic items in Sisters of Rapture is penelope's portable playroom, the extradimensional space designed so that adventuring moms have a safe place to put their kids! WARNING: This product (including the flash preview) is Not Safe For Work!

Last edited:

SpydersWebbing

First Post
How's about rubber ball that releases fireballs with every bounce? You'd never have to clean their room (although I suggest a rain spell of some sort...)

MichaelK

First Post
Although this is tagged as humour we had a similar situation in the game I play in a few months ago. We never had a formal brideshower which is a bit of a pity, but many of the other PCs gave gifts.

We hired a wet-nurse for them as the mother was undead and couldn't breastfeed (don't ask, it's an even longer and stranger story).

Our Paladin made a miniature sword and suit of armour for the kid, first time he'd used craft skills in a while.

Don't know if it counts as a brideshower gift but my character used magic to cure the baby's sickle cell anemia.

We even each made a deal about what we'd teach the child as he grew up.

(unfortunately and rather sadly, the PC who was the child's father died in an adventure shortly thereafter. I guess our final gift was paying the mother a fortune in treasure and helping her settle down.)

pawsplay

Hero
Pink-and-blue ioun stone
Keetoom's Soothing Ointment
Scroll of calm emotions
Murlynd's Magical SafeSpoon
Kwalish's Diaper-Changing Apparatus

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Many years ago the GM put a bit of treasure in a wizard's tower for an expectant father character to find. A teddy bear that detected magic. It would have talked to the kid, and animate to be played with and help keep him out of trouble. But it was an EVIL wizard's tower and we couldn't Identify it, so we tore it apart! :.-(

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
Depending on which character in the 4 games I've off and on in.

Valenar elf would bring the new mother out and teach her COMBAT to ensure she PROTECTS HER CHILD with the FURY OF HER ANCESTORS. (Online games mean I can type them as talking with CAPITAL LETTERS LIKE THAT :D). Also, a small replica double scimitar so her child can also learn the ways of GLORIOUS COMBAT growing up, and one day aspire to be a BLADE OF HIS/HER PEOPLE!

My kobold would probably give her Kurtulmak's My First Little Horrible Fire Trap, complete with tiny little adventurer miniatures to roast. It would be child safed, of course, and would be presented as an educational gift. "See, this how you make proper tripline so that nasty tinsuits not see it coming. Is important lesson!"

Whisper gnome would...well, show up drunk, drink some more, and hit on the women there. Including the new mom. Then he'd get bored, kick over a table, pull someone in for a kiss, light his cigar, and swager out. THIS IS HOW REAL ADVENTURERS DO IT!

Aaaaaand my nomad wouldn't show up at all, but would more likely stay at home crying over unresolved issues in her past. The mom to be would find a large wrapped package conspicuously in the middle of her room later, filled with multiple detailed prints, paintings, and carvings of birds.

Kobold's my favorite character to play :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads