• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So, a PC wants to be a blind fighter...

Mythlore

First Post
EP always has some great ideas. Here's something I random-stormed.

Difficult terrain costs +1 additional space to travel through (so, 3 spaces rather than 2 for standard difficult terrain).
Trap terrain deals an additional +1d6 (per tier?) damage, due to not being certain how it's going to strike.

Cannot negate flanking from foes. Or when foes do flank, they gain +3 to hit, instead of +2.

May not be able to avoid opportunity attacks.
Lurker foes gain additional +2 to +5 bonus on Stealth check effects.
Hidden or invisible foes gain no bonus, particularly.
But moving silently foes might gain a specific bonus.

Perhaps gains Tremorsense 1/tier.

Grants combat advantage against ranged attacks only.

Stalker0

Legend
Roger - Agreed, concealment vs. total concealment noted.

Here is a way to model this in a very easy way.

All creatures have concealment to the Blind Fighter, no creature can ever have total concealment.

That means that in the majority of situations the blind fighter is a bit worse off than his friends. But in some situations he is much better.

I wouldn't make any more adjustments than that. You don't want to do a lot of dramatic changes, just something solid and simple.

willows

First Post
Here is a way to model this in a very easy way.

All creatures have concealment to the Blind Fighter, no creature can ever have total concealment.

That means that in the majority of situations the blind fighter is a bit worse off than his friends. But in some situations he is much better.

I wouldn't make any more adjustments than that. You don't want to do a lot of dramatic changes, just something solid and simple.
I think this is the best suggestion made so far - it's very clean and simple. If the character carefully selects some concealment-mitigating powers, he could remain pretty effective, and be distinctive and cool.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
The "bit worse off" is a bit of a under exageration ... isnt it? about like umm I dont know telling the fighter... you dont get a +3 only a plus 2 for your weapon familiarity and I know you specialize in a great sword but no lets just forget the +1 bonus.
He just handed over some significant class features and intrinsic benefit mostly for flavor... I suppose if the player has a way to create darkness in the area easily like some sort of shadow drake mount ;-). His epic destiny to become the Master of Darkness...

I find it likely the blind fighters schtick is/will be to find some way to inflict a condition that doesn't impact him on those around him.

Last edited:

Remove ads