• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So about those "electronic" titles we were promised.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
First, no word.

Second, "promised?" Man, it's not like WotC is someone you're dating. They thought at one point they'd do 'em. That could change. No skin off your nose, eh?

Third, you might not want to expect PDF's. There's a few different delivery systems they could use.

Anyway, the salient point here is: no peeps. My guess is that this is something in the works for around when NEXT launches or so. I imagine they're keeping their cards close to their chest on this right now.

Stormonu

Legend
I seem to recall from the "notification" that they were still PDF-adverse, but were looking at some form of electronic delivery (kindle books?). And it seemed to point more towards novels, not game books.

Still, we'll see. I'd very much like to get better quality PDFs than the ones I got from drivethru before they were pulled.

fjw70

Adventurer
I am hoping for some kind of an announcement from Mr. Mearls in January on what can be expected product-wise over the next 6 to 7 months to get us to Gen Con. Maybe at the Winter Fantasy in a few weeks (formerly D&D Experience) there will be something.

They seems to be relying on older editions to get them by until DDN is released, maybe this electronic initiative is part of it. Also, there aren't any new announced board games for 2013. So we will see.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Also, there aren't any new announced board games for 2013. So we will see.
There's another set of Dungeon Command (Blood of Gruumsh) out on 19 February and the Lords of Waterdeep: Scoundrels of Skullport expansion out on 20 August. Both of those probably count as board games, although maybe not entirely "new".

fjw70

Adventurer
There's another set of Dungeon Command (Blood of Gruumsh) out on 19 February and the Lords of Waterdeep: Scoundrels of Skullport expansion out on 20 August. Both of those probably count as board games, although maybe not entirely "new".

I forgot about the Gruumsh thing and hadn't heard about the Waterdeep expansion. It isn't in the product catalog. I see it is listed on Amazon though. Thanks for the correction.

Remove ads