• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So, how many different game systems are you currently playing?

howandwhy99

Adventurer
OD&D(1974) with my friends
Warhammer 2E with a wargaming group I'm trying to ingratiate myself in.

Warhammer 2E really is far more enjoyable than 3E for me. It doesn't have all the options available as early D&D, but it's slow numerical climb for to-hits really shows during play. And is appreciated. The game is grim following world content and the mechanics support it. Gritty, I'm still a bit hesitant on.

Treebore

First Post
Currently? Each week? 2 games of C&C, 1 Game of Shadowrun 4e, 1 game of 4E D&D. Each are 3 hour+ sessions.

In the past year?

Traveller
Twilight 2000
Paranoia
3E D&D
L5R
Mutants and Masterminds 2E
Lejendary Adventures

I think that is it.

Jhaelen

First Post
At the moment I'm DM in a D&D 3E campaign and a player in Earthdawn and DSA (Das Schwarze Auge). I'm also playing a lot of Arkham Horror these days which almost counts as a rpg ;)

Slander

Explorer
Primarily a 3.x game, but we rotate in Call of Cthulhu (5th ed), Deadlands (Revised), or Alternity every few months. I keep trying to bring Mutants & Masterminds into the mix, but my entire group has an immense hatred for anything billing itself as a superhero RPG. <sigh>

GAAAHHH

First Post
Vampire: The Requiem LARP twice a month.
Changeling: The Lost LARP once a month

I just started up a Rifts game that I hope can get more players.

Games I would really like to be playing right now:
D&D (any edition)
GURPS (Traveller or Doctor Who)

Treebore

First Post
Primarily a 3.x game, but we rotate in Call of Cthulhu (5th ed), Deadlands (Revised), or Alternity every few months. I keep trying to bring Mutants & Masterminds into the mix, but my entire group has an immense hatred for anything billing itself as a superhero RPG. <sigh>

There is hope. I spent 15 years not liking Super Hero RPG's, now not only am I in the playtest credits for one (M&M 2E), but love running and playing it. So don't give up on them. They are probably being like me and letting preconceptions limit my perception of such a games possibilities.

Maybe playing up the fact that M&M is in no way tied to any history of any "comic universe" may start turning them on to it.

Robert Ranting

First Post
My group tends to focus completely on d20 and it's variants.

Currently:

Sunday game- D&D 3.5

Monday/Tuesday game- Pathfinder Beta + Eberron setting

Saturday game- Arcana Evolved with some 3.5/homebrew stuff (I DM this one)

Robert "I Own Savage Worlds, M&M 2e, and Paranoia, But Never Played Them" Ranting

Remove ads