• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So how many settings came out of the Search?

Express

First Post
So Im setting around reading the Eberron threads, just thinking about 3.0 and 3.5 etc..

I know that alot of other submissions to WOTC's setting search were published by other game companies. Some are even being published by individuals.

Just wondering...Anyone have a list?

Last edited:

haiiro

First Post
Dawnforge (Fantasy Flight Games) and Morningstar (Goodman Games), both of which made the "final 11," are the only two that come to mind for me.

csi

First Post
I would like to know what happened to the others as well. It seems only 3 of the final 11 have been published? I guess the two runner-ups won't be published for a long time, if ever, but how about the others?

Express

First Post
Flyspeck23 said:
No setting submission was published by the other game company. Honestly ;)

I could have sworn there were a handful. But my memeory aint whjat it used to be. For some reason I thought Midnight was part of the search, too.

Knight Otu

First Post
Express said:
I could have sworn there were a handful. But my memeory aint whjat it used to be.
You can trust your memory on that one. Flyspeck was referring to his (?) company, which is called "The Other Game Company"! :D

Express said:
For some reason I thought Midnight was part of the search, too.
That, however, is a myth that is surprisingly widespread. Apparently, Midnight is very good, and this quality was used as a way to "prove" how dumb WotC is to let it go for something "stupid" like "Trains and Dinosaurs."

DiamondB

Explorer
Knight Otu said:
That, however, is a myth that is surprisingly widespread. Apparently, Midnight is very good, and this quality was used as a way to "prove" how dumb WotC is to let it go for something "stupid" like "Trains and Dinosaurs."

Especially considering the fact that the submission that FFG did publish, Dawnforge, was surprisingly blah. Not a bad idea it just didn't have much spark, imho.

Remove ads