D&D 5E So I have a theory about the big Adventure next year and I want to share it with you guys (So you can inevitably tell me how wrong I am)

GarrettKP

Explorer
Something that crossed my mind while reading the Aarakocra entry in the MM that I need to share with someone: The Planescape Adventure that I am 99% sure is coming soon most likely revolves around a quest to find the Rod of Seven Parts.

The Aarakocra entry mentions that the Rod was scattered across the multiverse. And we know how WotC has left hints in the core books as to the meta narrative they are weaving. Plus the Rod has been a big part of the Acquisitions Inc games recently, which seems like obvious foreshadowing.

Plus all the hints to Planescape recently and all the character options with planar implications (Horizon Walker, Glamour Bard, Dreams Druid)

So I am calling it now: November 2018, the 5e Adventure is a plane hopping Planescape adventure where characters visit multiple planes (Feywild, Nine Hells, etc.) to find the Rod of Seven Parts.

Oofta

Legend
Nah, you're wrong. ;)

Does that make you feel better?

More serious - I wouldn't be surprised if they do this a some point, but who knows when. Obviously it's an iconic quest, but while planescape had it's ardent fans (and I've stolen bits and pieces for my home game), it was never all that popular. But who knows? We'll just have to wait and see.

gyor

Legend
No! Your wrong! Your completely out of line !😂

Okay silliness aside, you could be right, although I don't think it will be planescape exclusive, the multiverse includes all settings.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Something that crossed my mind while reading the Aarakocra entry in the MM that I need to share with someone: The Planescape Adventure that I am 99% sure is coming soon most likely revolves around a quest to find the Rod of Seven Parts.

The Aarakocra entry mentions that the Rod was scattered across the multiverse. And we know how WotC has left hints in the core books as to the meta narrative they are weaving. Plus the Rod has been a big part of the Acquisitions Inc games recently, which seems like obvious foreshadowing.

Plus all the hints to Planescape recently and all the character options with planar implications (Horizon Walker, Glamour Bard, Dreams Druid)

So I am calling it now: November 2018, the 5e Adventure is a plane hopping Planescape adventure where characters visit multiple planes (Feywild, Nine Hells, etc.) to find the Rod of Seven Parts.
Dunno about the timing, but a Rod of Seven Parts AP is almost certainly one of the planned adventures. Based on stuff and hints from various books, I'd wager on these being possibilities, or things mixing these ideas:

- RoSP Revisited
- Great Modron March
- Feywild Shenanigans, including fey courts and Baba Yaga
- Orc Wars: The Horde Strikes Back
- Goblinoid Epic scale deal
- Gates of Firestorm Peak Mindflayer thing (some great hooks and hints in Volos)

Inchoroi

Adventurer
The Great Modron March I expect to be part of Adventurer's League, because of the "episodic" nature of the adventure. Perhaps that means we'll get Dead Gods as the actual adventure for Planescape, which I for one would enjoy.

I'd not expect a Rod of Seven Parts to be Planescape, but set in Forgotten Realms (as normal, unfortunately). There's been a starting adventure for another adventure path from 3e that mentions it which would make an awesome starting point in, if I recall correctly, Dagger...fall? Is that the name of that little town? I don't have ToA, so I can't explore for hints to discover what the next adventure will be.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The Great Modron March I expect to be part of Adventurer's League, because of the "episodic" nature of the adventure. Perhaps that means we'll get Dead Gods as the actual adventure for Planescape, which I for one would enjoy.

I'd not expect a Rod of Seven Parts to be Planescape, but set in Forgotten Realms (as normal, unfortunately). There's been a starting adventure for another adventure path from 3e that mentions it which would make an awesome starting point in, if I recall correctly, Dagger...fall? Is that the name of that little town? I don't have ToA, so I can't explore for hints to discover what the next adventure will be.
There is no difference between Planescape or FR setting wise, it's all one big multiverse. Modron and Rod of Seven Parts stuff shows up in ToA, but they have both been consistent themes from the core on. The episodic nature of a GMM would help, so different chapters can cover various planar locations gazeeters style.

dave2008

Legend

I'm not sure about the RoSP, but I feel fairly confident there will be a Feywild adventure (either part or whole) in the near future.

Remove ads