So I have the Martial Powers book.

Bagpuss

Legend
So anything people want to know?

There are 5 chapters.

Fighter, Ranger, Rogue, Warlord and Martial Options.

Each class chapter has New builds, new class features, new powers and new paragon paths.

The Martial Options chapter has Feats, and 10 new Epic Destinies.

Bagpuss

Legend
Is it a rule book or does it have some monsters around?

It's basically mostly useful to players of Martial characters. Although other player's who multiclass might find it useful too, or DM's that want to use PC type villains.

It's a very focused book, there is a little bit of rolelplay fluff here and there but it is mainly powers, feats and features. No new equipment, the only monsters as such are animal companions for the Ranger and they can't really be used on there own.

Bagpuss

Legend
What are the new epic destinies?

Adamantine Soldier
Beastlord
Dark Wanderer
Eternal Defender
Godhunter
Legendary General
Martial Archetype
Perfect Assassin
Undying Warrior
Warmaster

What caught your eye?

Really just started scanning through it, but the fact it is packed with so many new powers impressed me. Fighters get four new At-Wills, (not including utility one's at higher levels like the Rogue got in the PHB), Rangers and Warlord's two and the Rogue just the one. There are six new 1st level Encounter Powers for Fighters and five new Dailys, each level (where you get powers) seems to get at least four or five. Then 12 new Paragon paths for Fighters. The Tempest Technique or Battlerager Vigor Class Feature makes a lightly armoured fighters a real possibility.

You get a similar number of extra powers and paragon paths for the other classes. In the Martial Option section there are two Martial feats open to any martial class then between 15 and 20 feats for each of the martial classes in each of the heroic and paragon tiers and more general martial feats and a handful or extra class specific feats in the Epic tier. So loads of new feats. (edit)

One thing that does concern me it he Battlerager Vigor means it could effectively have unlimited temporary hit points, since it's Feature allows it to stack temporary hit points gained from Invigorating (new keyword) powers with any other temporary hit points they already have.

Last edited:

Bagpuss

Legend
Any Weapon Specialization multiclass paths?

Yes I think, not exactly sure what you mean by that,

But for the Fighter here are some of the Paragon paths.

Polearm Master - all its powers depend on you using a two-handed reach weapon
Shield Adept
Shock Trooper - uses two weapons.

Actually seems pretty limited. There are more racial Paragon fighter paths for the dragonborn, halfing, dwarf and tiefling.

There are plenty of powers that do a bonus if you are wielding a particular type of weapon.

Remove ads