• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So, I rolled 5 18s

Kapalen

First Post
Ok, so I like to make characters in my spare time. Usually I'm trying some crazy new build. N othing like that this time. I jsut wanted to play a straight fighter who used a katana and was going to test out how broken(or unbroken) Melee Weapon Mastery(PHBII) is if it stacks. SO I rolled his stats and they came up 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 11. Now the problem with this is, I was at home. My group doesn't take scores under 10 anyway so usualy nobody cares when someone comes in with like two 17s and an 18 or something, but I got 54 freakin' 18s. On the other hand, my brother saw the whole thing and could vouch that it actually happened. The REAL problem, is even if he was allowed, should I use the 5 18s? Will the other players be jealous(or even secretly think me a cheater)? But, who are they to deny me to play a character whom the likes of will never be seen again?

I managed to put this in the TOTALLY wrong forum, can someone fix that?

Rhun

First Post
I don't know how your DM is, but I wouldn't allow it unless they were rolled in the presence of the gaming group (even if your brother witnessed it). Not that I doubt you, but if he allows you to play that character, other players may think you a cheat and/or be jealous.

Zzyzx

First Post
I've rolled high before (never like this) and purposefully nerfed the results to balance out closer to the other characters in the group.

Particle_Man

Explorer
that said, if he does allow you play it, you might consider a monk/paladin type, since obviously the MAD problem with that combo is not a problem for you. :)

On the other hand, you could put your low stat in Con, play an elf fighter, and maybe that would be balanced. :)

Or a Kobold fighter! Again, put the low stat in Con. You would be the Conan of kobolds! :)

LordBOB

First Post
hey Kapalen I dont know about how everyone else would feel but im not the least bit jealous.
I seriously doubt that our DM would allow you to use those stats only because he is an A.SS

You do roll a new character every day so i know perfectly well how your crazy character concepts can get.

If our DM doesnt allow the stats, and I KNOW he wouldnt, then just lower then a little but and go with it.

Otherwise i say do whatever you want. I would actually like to see what you could do with those stats and the new items from PHBII

smootrk

First Post
Case for Point Buy systems... you can create your character away from the table fairly (and folks will believe the results regardless).

With the die roll schemes (4d6 drop lowest, 5d6 drop low 2, 8 +d10, etc. the list goes on), it is quite possible to get five 18's, but if I were DM I would not allow the results unless I was present or during a character creation meeting... not because I wouldn't believe the integrity of any particular player, but because I doubt the other players would feel the results were fairly acquired.

Good Luck

Remove ads