• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So if Amazon screwed you, what are you going to do?

If you got screwed by Amazon, what's the plan of action?

• Suck it up and wait--the price is too good (and/or I'm too poor/frugal)

Votes: 63 59.4%
  • Cancelled the gift set and ordered the individual books through Amazon

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Amazon is dead to me: Defected to another online shop (B&N, Buy.com, etc)

Votes: 13 12.3%
  • Amazon is dead to me: I'm supporting my FLGS!!!

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • D&D is dead to me, game over

Votes: 7 6.6%

Remathilis

Legend
Canceled my order, and went to my FLGS (Pandemonium in Garden City, MI) and participated in World Wide D&D day. If you played, the store would sell you the three core books (no gift sets) for 25% off.

Sooo...

3 core books + slip case. $60 US. comes between June 23 and July 1st (if lucky).

3 core books + 1 promo mini, 1 set of dice, 1 extra d20. $80 US. read them TODAY.

I chose the latter. :)

SpiderMonkey

Explorer
Mostly, I am going to pout. I'll sporadically throw temper tantrums, but I expect to return to pouting.

I'm also taking a cue from Cato the Elder, except instead of ending every speech with "Cetero censian, Cartago delenda est," I'm going to end all of my posts with "And furthermore, Amazon should be destroyed."

Yup. Pouting. ;)

Ipissimus

First Post
My friends took pity and pooled together to get me a PHB as an early birthday present. I can always use a second one but I'm not spending 3-4 times the price because my FLGs likes padding their profit margins.

Mercurius

Legend
Have five people really given up D&D simply because of Amazon's guffaw? I highly doubt it--must be anti-4ers chiming in unnecessarily ;)

Teflon Billy

Explorer
I canceled my order and will just go to the local shop.

Seriously, I ordered last week and they told me it'd be here this coming Monday.

Somehow the difference between "4 days" and "1 and a half Months" is considered insignificant to Amazon.

Jdrakeh has the right of it. Amazon occasionally gets their act together< in all honesty, I wasn't expecting them to deliver the books at that price on time...my history with Amazon just hasn't built any confidence in me that they can very often do what they claim.

I was ordering a DVD set anyways and threw the D&D Gift Set into the order on a longshot. The DVDs are till coming on time, so I pretty much got what I was actually ordering.

The FLGS wins this round :)

Vague Jayhawk

First Post
Combination of two answers.
I will stick it out and wait for Amazon to deliver the Box set. The price is too good to cancel. However, I have broke down and bought a PHB at my local Borders to tide me over.

This situation, combined with a previous situation has led me to defect from amazon. They are not the only game in town. I am using a different online seller from now on.

neceros

Adventurer
I canceled my February order Friday before I knew Amazon was running out.

I bought my books at double price at my Game On here in Puyallup to support the community and ensure they have more books when the time comes. They were busy as sin, so I'm sure we'll be good for a while.

Bought a PHB at Game Matrix in Tacoma as well, just to spread the loot around.

pukunui

Legend
neceros said:
I canceled my February order Friday before I knew Amazon was running out.

I bought my books at double price at my Game On here in Puyallup to support the community and ensure they have more books when the time comes. They were busy as sin, so I'm sure we'll be good for a while.

Bought a PHB at Game Matrix in Tacoma as well, just to spread the loot around.
Sigh. For me it's either wait for amazon or pay NZ$170 (~US$120) to get them from the LGS. :p

Blackwind

Explorer
The ironic thing is that I canceled my pre-order a few days before this happened. After getting an early leak-peek at the books and reading some of the early reviews and discussion here and elsewhere, I went from "pretty excited" to "very pessimistic" and decided I'd rather not throw down cash for the books just yet.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads