• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So, I'm thinking of shrinking my party....

Zog

First Post
Down to about 1-3 inches each. (exact size yet to be pinned down, will go with what is easiest and makes the most sense) Now, I know that this has been before - so I', wondering if anyone has stats for the common ordinary animals & insects, now a huge threat do to the change in size. Or, do I need to re-invent the wheel?

Any pointers, suggestions, tips?

Basically, there is a community of 100-200 people of small size, and the party is looking for them, not knowing about the change. If that helps....

Thanks
Zog

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Just use the stats for Small, Medium and Large monstrous insects. The PCs tiny weapons and itsy-bitsy fireballs aren't going to be doing much damage, so it should all scale perfectly and just kinda work. :)

Cheers, -- N

Drowbane

First Post
itsy-bitsy fireballs? A 3rd level slot fires the same fireball regardless of caster size...

the first AoE spell cast could very well be the PC's first clue that things have drastically changed...

Last edited:

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Most ordinary things have a Giant equivalent...Giant Rat, Giant Ant, etc.....that's a place to start. An ordinary ant to a 2"-tall PC (in other words, the size of its own character piece) would be like a giant ant to a normal-size PC. An ordinary rat would be more like a Gargantuan Rat to a 2" tall PC...just take a Giant Rat and jump it up a bit.

But you're on your own, I think, when it comes to statting out a housecat that to the PCs is the equivalent of 50' tall. After that, the PCs are on their own for the very short time it will take them to die.

Lanefan

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Drowbane said:
A 3rd level slot fires the same fireball regardless of caster size... :p
No, you see, they're being shrunk by magic. Thus, no need to invent super-tough 30 hp Diminutive insects which will later come back and bite his campaign in the ass.

Cheers, -- N

Drowbane

First Post
I really don't.

This might be a good chance to bust out the "Gargantua" (or whatever) and "Kaiju" templates though.

What level are the PCs?

Mishihari Lord

First Post
Slife said:
Didn't Piratecat do something like this at one point? Would be interesting to see how he handled it.

Yeah, I recall that a high-level character was gnawed to death by a gerbil or a 3" goblin or somesuch. If you want to inflict a humiliating death that the PC will never live down, this is your big chance.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Chadranther's Bane is a Dungeon adventure from way back that does exactly what you want to do. I ran it as an easily-converted 3.5 adventure, and it worked marvelously.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads