• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So... is anyone else coming around?

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
The_Gneech said:
With a new goodie at every level, is that really going to change in any way?

-The Gneech :cool:
All I can say about that comes from Star Wars Saga. I had my group write up characters to tenth level so that we could try out some of the prestige classes. The changes to skills and the core combat mechanics had everyone up and going efficiently by the end of a single evening.

There were some initial problems based on the condition track, but once they understood that, it worked out just fine.

So I'd say that if 4E uses a similar mechanical system, designing higher level characters will be easier, both for the player to, well, play, and for the GM to understand.

--Steve

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
I am neither enthusiastic for, nor distainful of, the things we have seen about 4e. The more i hear, the more I feel that we still lack enough context to make judgments.

What Umbran said.
I'm fairly apathetic about 4E, (though I'm honestly not a fan of what we've seen so far) and my group is hesitant to change anyway, given we're involved in the AoW campagn.

So, to the OP?
I guess my answer is "No, I'm not coming around yet."

Meeki

First Post
Agamon said:
For me:

4E announcment at GenCon: :mad:

2 days later: :\

5 days later: :)

Classes and Races leaks: :eek:

Mearls: :D

I think on myspace I'm going to have "Current 4e mood: ". hehe.

Anyways as I have stated, if you won't want to buy the books go get them from your library. It's highly unnecessary to tell us you won't buy the books on the 4e forums.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
I'm not interested in running a 4E game. But eventually at some point I'll need to sit down and see how it plays if only to see if I can gank stuff for my 3.5 game.

But I've decided that it's not worth supporting WOTC D&D in the future. So no core purchases for me.

Minicol

Adventurer
Supporter
Raduin711 said:
it isn't like I wasn't going to buy it before now, but I am feeling better about 4e now. Is anyone else feeling like they would like to "change sides" and start getting excited about 4e?

It's still No.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I'm still a wait & see, though I did pre-order the Core 3 because my FLGS gave me a discount (which, because they also have a card-punch discount program, will get me further discounts down the road).

I still have serious reservations about the adoption of certain mechanics, rules and so forth that I personally thought left much to be desired. I'm dissapointed by some of the "In/Out" decisions that have been announced. So, no, I can't call myself "excited" or a "4Ed convert."

However, I think there will be some good, and am willing to give the game a fair shake...once I have it in my hands.

Until then, I'm more apprehensive about this update than the switch from 2Ed to 3.X (which, in all honesty, I eagerly awaited). About the only thing I liked more in 2Ed over 3.X were some of the rules on clerics- set up some general rules and make the class customizable to represent different faiths.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads