• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So many people with ZERO postcount.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
So I was looking to see what page I am of the members on and was kinda surprised to see I was on page 40 of 1109 [I don't post terribly often, so I figured I'd be a lot farther down on the list]...until I counted and saw that of those 1109 pages of members, 563 of them had people with ZERO postcount. That's more than half the members of EnWorld!

Why are there so many people with no postcounts? Do they make an account so they view the articles or reviews or something, which they can't do if they're not a member? Or do they make an account so they can keep track of a thread [Which doesn't make sense to me because you could just add a bookmark for the thread on your browser instead of taking the time create an account]?

The reason I created an account here was because I had a question about something I wanted asked and I could only ask it by creating an account. That in and of itself gave me a postcount of 1, which which put me on the page 563, ahead of SO many other people. I can see people creating an account to ask a question like that, having it answered, and then never returning, but they'd at least have a postcount of 1.

I guess I'm just trying to figure out the point, if there is one.

DaveStebbins

First Post
Woohoo! An excuse to go check...

I made it up to page 16! Cool!

Well, that's it. Nothing at all to add to the real subject of the post. Maybe I could disguise my lack of usefulness with a bump. :)

-Dave

IronWolf

blank
I think folks probably get an account so they can keep track of new threads? That way with a user account it can set the cookie so when they come back to lurk they can easily see which threads are new since their last visit.

Maybe.... we can coax some of the 0 post folks to make their first post telling us why they setup an account but haven't made a post yet.... ;)

IronWolf said:
Maybe.... we can coax some of the 0 post folks to make their first post telling us why they setup an account but haven't made a post yet.... ;)

Waaaaaay back when Eric was keeping up his 3rd edition website I regularly used that for all my D&D info. When he informed people about ENWorld (and quit his own site) I registered here.

I only had the College's computer lab at that time (I worked there) & the cookies of the machine I used got deleted & I couldn't remember my password (now I don't even remember my user name). Then life got busy & I left ENWorld for 6 months or so.

So, one of those 0 count people is my first, still-born attempt at Internet Infamy.

Vamprey

First Post
Maybe, by the time they get around to reading a thread anything that they would have said has beed said by someone else, so they end up not posting anything.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Originally posted by Vamprey
Maybe, by the time they get around to reading a thread anything that they would have said has beed said by someone else, so they end up not posting anything.

I've noticed that this doesn't stop many people from posting anyway, especially in the longer threads.

Some of the people with the zero postcounts have been members for several years, one for almost three, of the few I looked at. For some of them I suppose that whatever their reason, they likely forgot about their account or perhaps password. Maybe some of them have started a new account, as has been stated, but I doubt many of those people could say the same.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads