So, that GTA V, huh?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Which style did you pick? Smart or Loud? I picked Smart, and then I had to do a couple of minor prep missions (the below isn't a spoiler if you've gotten through the briefing and picked the Smart style):

Loud.

But I can't find *any* missions. Not the heist, not any prep missions. The briefing did mention I had to get some guns from an armoured van - is that all it is? I have to search the city for an armoured van and steal guns from it? Or am I supposed to trigger that in some way?

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
Loud.

But I can't find *any* missions. Not the heist, not any prep missions. The briefing did mention I had to get some guns from an armoured van - is that all it is? I have to search the city for an armoured van and steal guns from it? Or am I supposed to trigger that in some way?

Hmmm... I would expect that to be the first thing to do. I'd expect that a specific police van would be rolling around, and that the game would notify you when its en route - that's what happened for me with the knockout gas. There was a pop-up notification, and then a mission marker showed up where the van that I needed to hijack was. Can't be totally sure, though. You might need to resort to a walkthrough guide online to get you started there...

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I'm not that far, but based on comments on Youtube other people are stuck on the initiating the loud part as well.

Bullgrit

Adventurer
I've never played any GTA, (although I'm getting interested because of all this hype and talk). I saw this gif today, what which GTA I have no idea, but it has made me laugh every one of the two dozen times I've watched it.

http://9gag.com/gag/apqQNPW

Bullgrit

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Well, another day, still no mission.
I heard that if you've done the bank casing you need to go back to Lester to start the mission. He should be marked on the map.

Edit: bank? Jewellery store? Like I said, I'm not there yet myself.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I heard that if you've done the bank casing you need to go back to Lester to start the mission. He should be marked on the map.

Edit: bank? Jewellery store? Like I said, I'm not there yet myself.

That occured to me. The problem? Lester is not marked on the map, and his phone just goes to voicemail.

frankthedm

First Post
Is one of the Playable characters off his rocker? I got that feeling feeling from the trailer and wonder how far they take it. IMO Lynch made the first Kane and Lynch game almost playable and so I'm hoping one of the GTA5 characters is mentally unstable.

Kid Charlemagne

Trevor is certifiable. He does some truly horrific things, but is also very funny at times. He'll be the most polarizing character in the game, absolutely. One common criticism of GTA games is that there is a disconnect between the supposed nature of the main characters, who are often conflicted about their lives, and the incredible mayhem they cause. No one can make that criticism of Trevor. I remember checking my stats on the social club after playing him for a couple hours; I had played all three characters a roughly even amount of time, and Franklin for example had killed 11 people in his time. Trevor? 169.

Kid Charlemagne

That occured to me. The problem? Lester is not marked on the map, and his phone just goes to voicemail.

The marker for Lester will show up for the planning session, but for the heist the markers will read "H". Once you do all of those, I think the heist just starts.

Remove ads