• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So there is this Red Dragon...

AEtherfyre

First Post
Sound tactic, except for one thing... I beleive dragons have Scent.

Blindsight, actually - which is far worse. Invisability doesn't do a thing to slow dragons down. Don't bother with any kind of illusion or concealment, basically - the dragon'd "see" right through any of them. Worse yet, that blindsight's based on all senses. No real way to block it.

Jshock_75

First Post
Blindsight? Yow. Well, if you have the cojones, you could sweet talk the beastie while some of the other party members set themselves up for a kill (maybe your enchantress could be helpful?). Otherwise buff your party with as many spells as you can and CHARGE!!!

Abyssenia

First Post
Dragon Parts

Hi all,
I was the enchantress that in the party. Dragon fight went well, a smaller dragon (very young) dragon only doing 4d10 breath. We blew a haste scroll that would have been nice to scribe in spell books but made short work of it. My multiple castings of tashas uncontrollable laughter with greater spell focus didn't work but he was dispatched as dm had him fight us in a low cave, unable to fly. A bit anti climatic, but now the question is how to make good use of every part of the buffalo I mean dragon.
Does anyone know what parts of the dragon are useful for alchemy, magic, poison, etc... We want to take every part that is useful or valuable. Thanks in advance,
michael

dreaded_beast

First Post
Re: Dragon Parts

Abyssenia said:
Hi all,
I was the enchantress that in the party. Dragon fight went well, a smaller dragon (very young) dragon only doing 4d10 breath. We blew a haste scroll that would have been nice to scribe in spell books but made short work of it. My multiple castings of tashas uncontrollable laughter with greater spell focus didn't work but he was dispatched as dm had him fight us in a low cave, unable to fly. A bit anti climatic, but now the question is how to make good use of every part of the buffalo I mean dragon.
Does anyone know what parts of the dragon are useful for alchemy, magic, poison, etc... We want to take every part that is useful or valuable. Thanks in advance,
michael

you should ask this of your dm, since they will have the final say on what the dragon parts can be used for if anything.

Larry Fitz

First Post
Very young you say? I think you should all take a lot of time and carefully skin the dragon then properly butcher it and make sure you collect every last scrap of anything even remotely usable from it's corpse and lair, just take your time, I'm sure you're in no danger while you're there....

(still rooting for the dragon, or some appropriately beefy older relative)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads