• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So, Wandavision?

I really enjoyed the first two episodes. My guess is that the world-breaking elements will come up more often as the show progresses. I'm intrigued to see how it all plays out.

MarkB

Legend
I'm glad they didn't lean too heavily into the whole "colour objects in a black-and-white setting" schtick before moving on. It was starting to feel a little derivative of Pleasantville by the end, especially when Vision's face coloured in.

I wonder how they'll mess with the setting next. Maybe we'll see foreign visual elements starting to intrude through the black bars surrounding the 4:3 ratio picture - that'd be creepy.

Nebulous

Legend
I liked the first episode. They went all in for the vibe of the 50s era, bad jokes and all. By the 2nd episode it was starting to wear on me a little I haven't seen the rest yet so I'm hoping the show takes a darker turn.

Weiley31

Legend
As soon as I saw August 23rd on the calendar, I had to immediately look up a certain date on my phone and lo and behold, I was absolutely right about it.

Also, that indestructible head line in Episode 1 hits a lot harder when you know the subtext.

Weiley31

Legend
Also, I feel very bad for Vision: he's absolutely confused on what's going on (especially in the trailers) and him trying to figure out the purpose of the company he works for is like him trying to think of what his purpose is in this new reality.

Also, anybody notice how things are already starting to glitch out when the red light segment on that toaster commercial lasted a bit too long?

Even if that wasn't the intentional point of that detail, I think it actually added a lot to how things are not going to Wanda's plan.

MarkB

Legend
Also, I feel very bad for Vision: he's absolutely confused on what's going on (especially in the trailers) and him trying to figure out the purpose of the company he works for is like him trying to think of what his purpose is in this new reality.

Also, anybody notice how things are already starting to glitch out when the red light segment on that toaster commercial lasted a bit too long?

Even if that wasn't the intentional point of that detail, I think it actually added a lot to how things are not going to Wanda's plan.
I haven't watched the trailers, but certainly just from the first two episodes I don't get the impression that Wanda has any plan, or any better handle on the situation than Vision does.

pukunui

Legend
We know that Wanda is being watched, and that someone is trying to reach her via the radio, but it also seems like she might have a modicum of control, given that events rewound after she said “no” when the beekeeper looked at her.

At the moment, I’m thinking she’s in some kind of fantasy world of her own making, perhaps an attempt at having a “normal life” with Vision (who is dead in reality but not in this fantasy world). I also suspect that it’s all inside Wanda’s head.

But I am happy to be proven wrong and look forward to the reveals as they come in the ensuing episodes!

MarkB

Legend
We know that Wanda is being watched, and that someone is trying to reach her via the radio, but it also seems like she might have a modicum of control, given that events rewound after she said “no” when the beekeeper looked at her.

At the moment, I’m thinking she’s in some kind of fantasy world of her own making, perhaps an attempt at having a “normal life” with Vision (who is dead in reality but not in this fantasy world). I also suspect that it’s all inside Wanda’s head.

But I am happy to be proven wrong and look forward to the reveals as they come in the ensuing episodes!
At the moment, I'd put the probabilities at around 50% it all being in Wanda's head, 30% it being Wanda and Vision's shared consciousness, and 20% them being in someone else's simulated reality.

There are ways that at least some part of Vision may have survived, so I'm not yet ready to write him off as a figment.

EDIT: One major reason I don't see this being entirely Wanda's fantasy is the setting. It feels rather outside her experience, while Vision / Jarvis had access and exposure to a large percentage of the world's media.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads