• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So what are the thoughts on the RPGA?

pedr

Explorer
This is exactly what i was hoping to hear. Do you happen to have the email for RPGA Customer service? Every time I try to use the WoTC link to customer service I get kicked out by a technical error...
When WotC merged various website accounts a while back, a significant number of accounts got corrupted.

If you've cleared your cache and cookies and restarted your browser and are still getting the error (which is likely) then you need to contact WotC to get it fixed. On the old forums there was a thread where people could alert WotC CS staff to the problem but that's not available now, so at the moment the only way to get this fixed is to call them. Their number is (800) 324-6496 - if you are outside the US/Canada you can use (425) 204-8069 instead or use Skype to call 1-(800) 324-6496 toll free (most of the time you can't make international calls to free numbers, but as Skype routes the call through local US lines, this works).

King Nate

First Post
This is exactly what i was hoping to hear. Do you happen to have the email for RPGA Customer service? Every time I try to use the WoTC link to customer service I get kicked out by a technical error...

This was exactly what I was hoping to hear as well and with such perfect timing, we'll be starting a new campaign soon. Thanks smerwin29

Thanlis

Explorer
So it looks like RPGA is a good idea to get in extra gaming or to meet new people to game with... great! Now if I can just find a store that has RPGA games going on; unfortunately for me I live in an area without many gaming stores - almost all of them are over 30 miles away or are these tiny little hole-in-the-walls that mostly cater to Warhammer.

RPGA_Tampa : RPGA Tampa is pretty active, it looks like; they apparently play at Emerald City Comics, as per Emerald Conclave : Event Overview. I guess that's around 20 miles from you, though. :( There's something over in Temple Terrace, too, but that's even further.

I'd say join the mailing list and ask around, though!

StormCrow42

Explorer
https://webapp.wizards.com/tourname...ostalcode=&distance=&action=search&brandid=40

Looks like a game is scheduled in Clearwater for the 28th. I'd confirm times with the contact on that page.

I don't see anything closer.

Edit: can you folks see that page?

It worked for me. I don't think I had any sort of cached login.

I just want to echo everyone else here who says that RPGA games are a great way to meet players if you're interested, or to have quick access to reasonably high quality modules if you have a consistent home group. Of course RP opportunities vary somewhat with the GM and will of the other players, as well as the amount of RP desire you bring to the table. It's not too difficult generally to find someone who's compatible with your style.

Stormtower

First Post
I feel skill challenges especially wanting in my RPGA experience. They often feel tacked into the adventure in a contrived way. They really just don't end up being interesting or fun in practice, at least in the RPGA format. They really break down into a "ok, here's the part of the game where we figure out who has the highest skill, let them roll, and 4 people assist.

I agree with your assessment of many skill challenges in LFR adventures. However, have you had a chance to witness or play the one in SPEC1-3 (the H2 version, Windsong Tower) that is rolled into a combat encounter with an NPC? Without spoilers, it is one of the best implemented challenges I've seen and the players at GenCon uniformly enjoyed it.

Because the challenge was wrapped inside a combat, PCs were loathe to use their actions on assisting b/c they had more pressing concerns.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads