• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So, what are you doing Oct. 8-10th?

Is there any reason why you can only attend Otherworld once? Is there some big reveal at the end that just wouldn’t work very well if you had seen it before?

It seems like you are making life difficult for yourself as you can’t get any repeat customers.

Olaf the Stout

MadLordOfMilk

First Post
Is there any reason why you can only attend Otherworld once? Is there some big reveal at the end that just wouldn’t work very well if you had seen it before?

It seems like you are making life difficult for yourself as you can’t get any repeat customers.

Olaf the Stout
Though I haven't gone...

Presumably because they can only host so many people, and it's a much better alternative than charging through the roof to limit the number of people who come :) Plus, it makes sure the experience is new for everyone.

Jeph

Explorer
Hmmm, sounds really cool! But I'm afraid I can't support any cause or business that uses Papyrus un-ironically.

(Kidding! Kidding. Jeeze.)

(Kinda.)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Hmmm, sounds really cool! But I'm afraid I can't support any cause or business that uses Papyrus un-ironically.

Pardon the threadjack for a moment but holy crap! It's Jeph!

Jeph I swear to God that we were JUST talking about you over the weekend. I got a chance to go to Charlotte to game with Old One and some of his buddies. One of them brought up one of the Faded Glory games that Old One ran several years ago at one of the NC Game Days you attended. I don't know if you'll remember it but you ended up fireball-ing most of the party.

Good times!

Hope life is treating you well and if you're ever in the area when we've got a NCGD coming up we'd love to have you.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Unlike what Kzach said, this isn't a LARP, at least not in the sense you're probably thinking of. It's more like you're plunked down in the middle of a movie where sixteen+ different plot lines are going on at the same time around you, and you have two or so that you're focused on. At some point during the weekend you're going to do something you thought you weren't capable of, whether it's mental or physical.

While the story changes every two years, there are plot elements and challenges that work so well that we reuse them. We've had about five people repeat, and they loved it, but some of the "holy crap what do we do next?" disappears. It's something we could do but prefer not to.

Seems pretty darn cool, too bad it's only on the east coast..
Yeah, we usually have about 20-30 people fly in from elsewhere in the US and Canada (and one long-time staff member came from Germany.) It's reasonably close to an airport, but that does complicate logistics a bit.

Treebore

First Post
Interesting, but it would interfere with my ability to make Con on the Cob in Ohio the following weekend. Which is looking highly unlikely enough as it is due to finances, etc...

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
This sounds amazing. No way we can make it this year with the chaos of moving to our new home and all, but I am definitely going to discuss this with my wife and some friends for next year. Is it always Columbus Day weekend?

Jeph

Explorer
Pardon the threadjack for a moment but holy crap! It's Jeph!

Jeph I swear to God that we were JUST talking about you over the weekend. I got a chance to go to Charlotte to game with Old One and some of his buddies. One of them brought up one of the Faded Glory games that Old One ran several years ago at one of the NC Game Days you attended. I don't know if you'll remember it but you ended up fireball-ing most of the party.

Good times!

Hope life is treating you well and if you're ever in the area when we've got a NCGD coming up we'd love to have you.

Heh, I do remember it! I also think I ran out of spells before the climactic final battle. I was a bit trigger happy that day... :eek:

Unfortunately I haven't been around Raleigh for a game day in quite a while—I'm living in Chicago now and only back home in NC for a month or two our of the year, and it never seems to be when a game day is happening. I've always loved NCGD though and always check to see if one's going on when I'm coming home!

Remove ads