• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E So what did the ENnies do for publishers besides PAizo and WOTC?

Effects the ENnies have had on you...

• The ENnies got me to look at new stuff I would not have looked at otherwise.

Votes: 48 63.2%
  • The ENnies got me to buy stuff I would not have bought otherwise.

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • I'm an RPG whore, I would have bought the stuff no matter what.

Votes: 10 13.2%

C.W.Richeson

Explorer
And this is what I meant about using it as a way to bring young players into role-playing. It seems to be less about killing stuff and more about interaction.

I suppose. There are many, many games that focus less on physical violence, and I'm not sold that non-violent, interactive games are a better way to bring young people into roleplaying.

That said, violence is definitely a part of Mouse Guard. It can be a very brutal game, in fact.

Qualidar

First Post
Do I think that Ennies wins increase sales? Geez, if that's the REAL question, then I say maybe, maybe not.... but I have NO idea. Does it?

Considering the cost of entry is providing six copies for the reviewers, the real question is: "Do the ENnies get 7 people to buy my product?" I can't think of too many people that could honestly answer no to that question.

Actually, considering the markup, the real number might be closer to 3.

Considering the cost of entry is providing six copies for the reviewers, the real question is: "Do the ENnies get 7 people to buy my product?" I can't think of too many people that could honestly answer no to that question.

Actually, considering the markup, the real number might be closer to 3.

Considering how few RPG books probably totally sell out, the real cost is shipping (or zero, if you hand them off at GenCon).

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
The ENnies have never had any effect whatsoever on my purchasing decisions, or even my "I'll check this out" decisions. Even though I voted this year in the few categories where I had an opinion, when it comes to their impact on me as a consumer they might as well never happen at all.

Gregor Hutton

Explorer
For me the ENnie nominations are a great way of seeing what was at the top of the tree in a year.

The only "problem", if you like, that I have with the ENnies is that there are surely more than 5 really great products in any category, and the nominees cover such a wide range of gaming styles. So, for any given player maybe only 3 of the 5 would be in "their" top 5. This is probably true of each individual judge too, right? But that's because we have a diverse hobby and tastes. So, it's no bad thing and comes with the territory, and I wouldn't want it to change.

I was delighted to get an ENnie nomination this year and it has absolutely made more people aware of 3:16.

My sales in the "indie" market are very, very good, but that is only a small proportion of the overall number of gamers. I'm pretty confident that as more people look at the book more of them will play and enjoy it. It's also going intro distribution with Cubicle 7, so it will be in regular game stores soon too.

I'm certain that the ENnies have had a positive effect for me in terms of recognition, play and sales.

Sitting next to Mark and Jim at the ENnies ceremony was the cherry on top.

Gryffyn

First Post
Since my tastes don't track very well with the mainstream of gaming these days, none of the various awards (ENnies, Origins, etc.) influences my purchasing at all.

I was delighted to get an ENnie nomination this year and it has absolutely made more people aware of 3:16.

My sales in the "indie" market are very, very good, but that is only a small proportion of the overall number of gamers. I'm pretty confident that as more people look at the book more of them will play and enjoy it. It's also going intro distribution with Cubicle 7, so it will be in regular game stores soon too.

I'm certain that the ENnies have had a positive effect for me in terms of recognition, play and sales.

Sitting next to Mark and Jim at the ENnies ceremony was the cherry on top.

Congrats on the nom, and I'm glad to hear it's had a beneficial effect.

That was you? Bravo. That's a great game I'm itching to play.

Want me to bring with me it tonight?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads