• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So who's DONE with their shopping?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I'm done but for one person...my Mom. She gave up her car some years ago, and because I'm always driving her around, its hard to buy her gifts. I almost had it, but she found what I was going to buy and bought it today! Grrrr!

However, I hit upon a nice scheme for gift shopping YEARS ago: SHOP YEAR ROUND!

If you're always shopping for the same people over and over again, you kinda know what they like. If you keep your eyes open, you'll find stuff they'll like- and you'll find it discounted. Then you just tuck it in a box in your closet until needed.

Side benefit: If you have a gift giving occasion spring up on you ("You're getting married WHEN?"), you'll probably have something on hand.

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Dannyalcatraz said:
I'm done but for one person...my Mom. She gave up her car some years ago, and because I'm always driving her around, its hard to buy her gifts. I almost had it, but she found what I was going to buy and bought it today! Grrrr!

However, I hit upon a nice scheme for gift shopping YEARS ago: SHOP YEAR ROUND!

If you're always shopping for the same people over and over again, you kinda know what they like. If you keep your eyes open, you'll find stuff they'll like- and you'll find it discounted. Then you just tuck it in a box in your closet until needed.

Side benefit: If you have a gift giving occasion spring up on you ("You're getting married WHEN?"), you'll probably have something on hand.

It is because of people like you that stores put up christmas decorations in September.

MonkeyDragon

Explorer
As of today....done. except for my dad. But he wants coffee, and I work at a coffee house, so...

Of course, that doesnt mean I'm finsihed making the things I need to make.

Katcracker

First Post
Done with shopping, still putting off that wait at the post office. All out of towners know by this point so long as it is before New Years it counts as on time.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads