• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So you want to be an ENnies judge...

I would like to hear how the candidates feel about Jodi Lane in the Paizo barbarian costume.

GenCon2010-JoshuaJFrost-105S0ZU.jpeg
I want to know where her sword is...if you're gonna wear the costume, you'd best have the sword!

Hi, I'm Jen and I'm running for ENnies judge. I've lurked in the past but never posted. Most of what there is to know about me is in my application, but of course feel free to ask any extra questions you have.

Basically I look for games that are fun to play AND run without spending too much $$. I say that, and yet I still play DnD...ah well, that aside I don't want the DMs being forgotten, especially since I like to run myself. I've never been to GenCon, merely relied on the kindness (and bribery) of others for goodies. Someday...in the meantime I'm busy teaching my 9 month old son to say 'sneak attack!' Nothing recognizable yet, but he's getting there. He visited his first comic book store yesterday and left with a water bear microbe. I'm such a proud mama...sniff...

As for the taskmaster comment, I worked retail for 10 years and with engineers for another 10. Little is scarier than 80 year old women demanding prune juice! Besides, I was promised lattes.

Last edited:

My name is Jeramy Ware, and for the first time in several years I am running for judge again. I have served in this role several time in the past, but went back to school recently and simply haven't had the time to devote to it. Now that I'm about to graduate however I have the time to do it right again, and I'd like to give it another go. During my previous terms I advocated for the creation of the podcasting category, and worked to open up the judging and awards process for everyone to see and ask questions. During my terms as judge I maintained a blog where discussing the products that I receive, the process that I use, the decisions that I make, and answer questions from fans and publishers. This has lead to endorsements in the past from other judges, and a great many of the publishers that submit to the awards.

Beyond my judging experience I have 30+ years of gaming under my belt. I run dozens of different systems, and maintain three weekly games as well as more sporadic games online or at conventions. I do my level best to play every single game that is submitted, discuss my impressions, and listen to others when they talk about why they agree or disagree.

I've been away for a while, and I know I haven't been super active in the last year because of school, but I could really use any support that you're inclined to give. If you have any questions I'd be glad to answer them, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeramy Ware

Remove ads