• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Socializing at PAX East

Asmor

First Post
I did a quick search on Google to try and find any similar threads, but as far as I can tell there are none, so...

Sadly, I won't be attending PAX East, but I do live in the area... Perhaps this thread can be a semi-official place people in the RPG community can make plans for doing things at and around the con.

So to get things rolling, Phil, the Chatty DM, mentioned on Twitter trying to get people together at the Sheraton on Thursday around 6, and then heading out some place nearby.

Czech

Explorer
This is @oldbie from Twitter. Both my wife (@NataniaBarron) and I will be at PAX East next week, as well as a few of the other GeekDad bloggers. I'd love to get together with some RPG bloggers/folks and throw some dice around.

Sadly, we won't be around until Friday... so no Thursday night hangin' out for us.

pamenard

First Post
Yeah, I'd like to have a little meet and greet of the RPG Tweeterati/bloggerati and associated readers/lurkers. I'd like to find a place where we won't be too priced-gouged for beers and where we could sling non CCG cards and dice.

How about Dick's last resort in Boston Commons (IIRC)? I'd love to see the waiters try to make us look even dorkier with their balloons tied to your hair and paper hats tricks. :)

Neldar

First Post
Dick's Last Resort is in Fanieul Hall--much further than Boston Commons--but isn't too pricy. If you really want inexpensive Sam Adams, just pick it up at the store. Then all we need is a place to hang out at.

Dortmunder

First Post
The one I found seems to be heavily slanted towards Magic? I think it would be cool to organize a field trip for beer and food for rpg folks.

It's not Magic-only, but fair enough. I'm always down for socializing but won't get to the Sheraton until 7ish. Unless someone casts Expeditious Retreat on my plane.

pamenard

First Post
I'll have a talk with the Sheraton's Concierge... if the hotel has a Mezzanine, we could grab a few tables and set us up a pre-con. The Omni in Indianapolis let me host Drunken D&D there and we were nice and everything went fine.

Neldar

First Post
I'll have a talk with the Sheraton's Concierge... if the hotel has a Mezzanine, we could grab a few tables and set us up a pre-con. The Omni in Indianapolis let me host Drunken D&D there and we were nice and everything went fine.

That's an excellent idea!

What games will be on the agenda?

Remove ads