• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Solo Adventures?

Doctor DM

First Post
One of my players is going to miss our next few sessions, so he'll be doing some solo adventureing. I'm pretty sure I've seen a line of solo adventures somewhere, I just can't remember anything about them or who publishes them. Does anyone know a good solo adventure for a monk of 5th level?

Thanks.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
The only ones I've seen were for a 1st to 3rd level PC.

When I ran a solo campaign, I gave the PC some NPCs to choose from as his hirelings -- they were not optimized, nor were they as high level as he was. If he's a 5th level Monk, I'd suggest for his choices:
- Half-Orc Monk 2 / Cleric 3 (prepares buff spells)
- Half-Elf Monk 1 / Sorcerer 4 (knows buff spells; has Ascetic Mage)
- Gnome Bard 4
- Halfling Rogue 2 / Ranger 2 (Archery path)

The multi-classing improves their survivability while also reducing their specialization -- they should be weaker in combat than "focused" builds would be. Feats and ability score placement should likewise express a preference for survival over offense. Thus, the PC will shine, and his hirelings may survive the adventure. :)

I'd also suggest that any fast-talking, high-charisma NPCs get the group into trouble at least as often as they get the group out of trouble. No free passes!

Cheers, -- N

Remove ads