• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Some divine abilities for fiendlords

Information

First Post
IMC I have given my archfiends certain divine abilities. They are treated as lesser deities w/DR 10 for purposes of AC and checks (a profane, rather than divine, bonus) and most other abilities.

What I've also done, and what other fiendworshipping DMs may like, is give them the ability to sense everything happening within 10 miles of any creature that has forfeit 1/3 of their soul to the fiend, and for up to 1 hr whenever an offering or invocation is made in their name, in much the same way that a deity can sense their DR in miles around followers, symbols, likenesses, etc.

So, in my usage, what is truly divine becomes malefic, in effect, when applied to archfiends. It allows for distinctiveness between archfiends and deities but also closes the power gap that DotF has laid the basis for in claiming that archfiends are "not deities".

Any ideas?

Carnifex

First Post
I definitely like the idea of the devil lords and demon princes having some deific status - I too dislike them being waved away as 'not deities'.

Just one minor point. You say "a profane, rather than divine, bonus." Profane is the opposite of sacred, not of divine. Both profane and sacred and types of divine bonus, just evil or good-based.

Information

First Post
Carnifex said:
Just one minor point. You say "a profane, rather than divine, bonus." Profane is the opposite of sacred, not of divine. Both profane and sacred and types of divine bonus, just evil or good-based.

True. I wasn't trying to convey otherwise, only that calling a fiendlord's bonus "profane" rather than simply "divine" seemed more appropriate.

Remove ads