• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Some good gaming music

I still stick mostly with the movie soundtracks. I have so many of them that work.

But I also like to throw Buckner and Garcia's "Pac Man Fever" in the playlist just for fun. Since I shuffle the play order, it'll just occasionally pop up once ever three sessions or so totally unexpectedly.

That's my cue for some Lovecraftian monstrosity to attack out of the blue.

I've collected quite a few soundtracks to films and video games for use at the table. Almost anything by Jeremy Soule, Horner, Pouledaris, or Zimmer is a winner IMHO. Mark's thread collection is highly informative.

Here are some more favorites for you ...

EVERYTHING by Jeremy Soule
Age of Conan OST
Music Inspired by Middle Earth by David Arkenstone
Warhammer Mark of Chaos OST
God of War OST
Battlestar Galactica OST
Gladiator OST
Vas' In the Garden of the Souls
Vangelis' Mythodea
Peter Gabriel's Passion OST
Danzig's Black Aria
Cutthroat Island OST
Aliens OST
Hellgate OST
American McGee's Alice OST
Halo OST
Fable OST
Pirates of the Carribean OST
Diablo OST
13th Warrior OST
Last of the Mohicans OST
Count of Monte Cristo OST
Alan Stivell
Dead Can Dance

That's just the usual suspects. There's plenty of classical (wagner, Holst, Orff, etc) that's appropriate and moody ambient stuff (Lustmord, Shinjuku Thief) out there that works well too for creepy dungeon crawls. I gleaned it all from Mark's collection of threads! Thanks Mark!

The only hard rockin' guitar stuff I like during RPG play is actually that of a Swedish band. I heartily recommend their album. It's called Ta Det Lugnt by Dungen. Here's a nice review from Pitchfork ...
Ta Det Lugnt | Pitchfork
It's even better than Zep for killing monsters to!

Rouse, your video left me feeling a bit ... dirty. Kudos for sharing. I must say, though, it left me feeling at once captivated and horrified.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads