• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Some ideas for deific-level adventure...

Information

First Post
I am thinking about running a single session in which I allow each of my players to construct demigods and undertake a quest for their respective deities (each from the Pharaonic, Asgardian, and Olympian pantheons), and all will be tied by alignment and/or portfolio similarities.

Any ideas?

Perhaps a threat to each of these pantheon's realms (IMC, each of these pantheons has a single plane with numerous realms), requiring the PC-controlled demigods to assist in some minor way.

What could the threat be? I've thought about my most prominent pantheon (my homebrewed one) further succeeding in reducing the influence of the other pantheons, either by design or inadvertantly...thus necessitating the quest (however small or large in its residual effects).

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
I'd make it a role playing adventure with few fights. Since the characters will be built just for the one game, the characters won't know all the powers or how to use them as well as they should.

So, have it envolve the gods of all the panthions. Something has happened. THis panthion blames that one, and no one, not even the gods really know what happened. So, instead of all 3 panthions going to war, which would eventually lead to the end of all 3 of them, they decide to have a representive of each panthion (the PCs) to investigate and find out what is going on.

Privateer

First Post
Hmmm... I've always liked crusades. They can involve gods pretty quickly, I've found. Suddenly, followers of gods the world over are fighting each other, and when mass quantities of their followers bite the proverbial dust, dieties get mad and/or even.

Also; if you want to have someone be able to challenge the gods properly, they need artifacts. Kas had a +6 allsortsofstuff sword, and he only took Vecna's hand and eye. You'd need at least 20th level opponents, maybe more.

Good luck, mate!

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Sure, basically a threat to entire Multi-verse is coming. Something like Tharizdun only MUCH worse. It can turn off divine powers and disrupt arcane spells. It sucks the life out of everything. Basically it's the Nothing on Crack! ;)

Crothian

First Post
Nightfall said:
Basically it's the Nothing on Crack! ;)

The Nothing on crack? I have to remeber that one. I actually thought the Nothing was tough enough, I mean it did destroy everything but that one final piece.

You can have Ragonoak come from everyone, not just the Norse. For the Greeks, the Titans escape from tarterous and algned themselves with the Norse Giants. No idea what from Egypt would threaten the whole panthion, but I'm sure there's something. Have it also algnedd with the others and then you've got yourself a party.:D

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Well I would have said the Astral Juggernaut only much eviler, but then I thought that wouldn't QUITE be an accurate statement.

But yeah the original is MUCH tougher than the one I just made up! ;)

Maerdwyn

First Post
How about an adventure near the beginning of time. All the really important gods have their places in the cosmos, but the PCs and other beings of similar power don't as of yet. The PC's have to carve out their niches, maybe by impressing particular mortals (or groups of mortals) and without stepping on the toes (or domains, etc.) of more powerful beings. Maybe they have to proove thay are worthy of retaining their divinity.

Mordax

First Post
Well, first, I ran my first gods session last Saturday, so I've got some general advice:

- The only thing that can really fight a *group* of gods is another god.

I mean, one demigod can have trouble taking down an Elder Wyrm, or big Outsider. But a whole group of gods has so much firepower at their fingertips...if you want a real challenge in combat, just make enemy gods.

- Exploration is Cool.
I'd recommend them having to investigate something deep in the Planes, so far out that no mortal could survive there. Make something just outlandish, and watch them try to puzzle it out.

With that stuff in mind, how about this:
There's a crack in the Positive Material Plane - a vortex that goes to the "source of all creation." It's creating an imbalance in all of creation, favoring life.

That'd be good, except all mortal creatures are burning up from the inside, because of it. Weather is going wild. The Sun is burning too bright.

The PCs have to figure out how to seal this vortex, and repair the damage. :)

Remove ads