• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Some of my character Art- Feedback welcome!

Bryan898

First Post
This is just some of my art over the years. Most are characters I played or others that played in my campaigns. It may look a little dark at certain parts or such, as I have yet to get a scanner, so I was forced to use a digital camera.

Attachments

• 100_0980.jpg
    100_0980.jpg
    985 KB · Views: 124
  • 100_0981.jpg
    100_0981.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 106
  • 100_0979.jpg
    100_0979.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 109
  • 100_0970.jpg
    100_0970.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 99

Scarecrow

First Post
Yeah, Meloncov has a good point.

They are really good, solid character portraits and your rendering shows a great deal of confidence but you need to concentrate on your anatomy. Being able to judge an image objectively - especially when you've been working on it for hours - is quite difficult. One trick I use is to hold the image up in front of a mirror. This allows you to see the image afresh and quite often subtle mistakes can become glaringly obvious. When I'm painting in Photoshop I usually 'Flip Horizontal' for the same effect.

Xyanthon

First Post
I can see a lot of enthusiasm in the pictures which is a great thing! As the others have stated, focus on the anatomy and perspective now. Draw from real life to get a feel for anatomy and proportion. I like to scour the internet for reference photos to use to get anatomy and perspective right. Here's a link to one of my favorite fantasy artists web sites: http://www.mariawilliam.net/. She has a pretty solid (if a bit brief) tutorial that helps to get the idea on how to use references in your art. Keep up the good work and I hope to see more soon!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads