Some things I'm quite peculiar about

Putenbrust

First Post
Hello everyone.

First, I would like to congratulate Adamant Entertainments and Green Ronin for the best non-WOTC-book I've ever bought, namely Skull & Bones. I'm in love with the flair and the pirate settings, and I don't want to miss it ever again.

Well, now to various questions:

1. This is probably the weirdest one: I was thinking about buying the buccaneers and bokor bundle recently when i found out that buying the treasure chests with 8 $ each would be a lot cheaper than the 20 $ the bundle costs. So is this price set like this on purpose? Will you change it or leave it like this? I'm not complaining, you know, just peculiar.

2. This one is a little hot, I think. Don't get me wrong.
I was also thinking about the corsair rules, but noticing that most of the rules are in B&B or even S&B, I'm not too sure now. Not, that it's that expensive, but I'm a poor student, and I would rather not own the book and be a little sad about it than having it being disappointed. My question is: Would you recommend buying the B&B issues as well as the corsair?

3. Well, oyu probably won''t have to answer this one, I could look it up, but I'd like to know if someone of you has some experience in that. I'm from germany, thus having euros on my bank account instead of dollars. What's the easiest way to buy your books which have prices in $? What about changing? The usual course (like 1 : 1,3) or worse?

4. This is rather a wish than a question: Concerning qs 1 and 2, what about selling the bundle to that (more expensive) 20 $ price and including corsair as a bonus? You would make a peculiar little boy happy. Well, I don't even know if it's your job to set the prices or Green Ronins or RPGNow....

Thanks so far for your attention, I hope my english is understandable.

GMSkarka

Explorer
Putenbrust said:
1. This is probably the weirdest one: I was thinking about buying the buccaneers and bokor bundle recently when i found out that buying the treasure chests with 8 $ each would be a lot cheaper than the 20 $ the bundle costs. So is this price set like this on purpose? Will you change it or leave it like this? I'm not complaining, you know, just peculiar.

Actually, normally the bundle is cheaper -- but currently, the Treasure Chests are on sale (this week only), so that makes those the cheaper method. Get them while the sale is on!

Putenbrust said:
2. This one is a little hot, I think. Don't get me wrong.
I was also thinking about the corsair rules, but noticing that most of the rules are in B&B or even S&B, I'm not too sure now. Not, that it's that expensive, but I'm a poor student, and I would rather not own the book and be a little sad about it than having it being disappointed. My question is: Would you recommend buying the B&B issues as well as the corsair?

Corsair combines the ship rules from S&B with the additional material from B&B, and a bit more original material. Personally, if you're on a budget, I'd just get the B&B issues, and then you'll have most of what is in Corsair, since you already own Skull & Bones.

Putenbrust said:
3. Well, oyu probably won''t have to answer this one, I could look it up, but I'd like to know if someone of you has some experience in that. I'm from germany, thus having euros on my bank account instead of dollars. What's the easiest way to buy your books which have prices in $? What about changing? The usual course (like 1 : 1,3) or worse?

Just use your bank card -- the bank should take care of the conversion from dollars to Euros.

Putenbrust

First Post
Thanks for the quick answer!
I didn't mind the sale when I was thinking about that price stuff, :) .
I'll just order the chests now, hope my bank will settle that.

And especially thanks for the honest answer on the corsair question, there is rarely a messageboard of producers saying anything else then 'buy it!' . I think I will look up the B&B stuff and maybe buy corsair later just for the comfort of one comprimated sourcebook.

Remove ads