Someone has MM3 at RPG.Net

Zaukrie

New Publisher
The Bandershobbs are new to D&D, I believe, as I think Drammatex (who posted right above you) created them for his home campaign and got them into the book.

Scribble

First Post
Got a copy of the book yesterday... WOW there is a TON more flavor in this book then there seems to have been in a LONG time.

Herschel

Adventurer
And the Catoblepas with absolutely punish those groups that like to leave their party members unconscious until they miss a couple of death saves while they do other things.

Drammattex

First Post
The Bandershobbs are new to D&D, I believe, as I think Drammatex (who posted right above you) created them for his home campaign and got them into the book.

Thanks for the shout out, Z!
@ Herschel: I was hoping that would be the case.

I rambled about banderhobbs a little here, in case there's interest.

Rambled about the nymphs, kraken, and yeti too, but will probably just post links to the WotC site for the mimic and catoblepas (this chat may be forthcoming), since I have little to say about them that hasn't already been said.

As long as I'm shamelessly discussing stuff I've worked on, check out the Demonomicon excerpts on WotC today and click through the art too. My baby, Oublivae, is due on July 5th. Exciting.

Last edited:

MrMyth

First Post
I picked up MM3 yesterday, and I've been very impressed with the monsters I've seen so far. The damage boosts really make sense to me, and the new stat block seems easy to run. I'm going to be using exclusively MM3 monsters in my next session on Tuesday, so we'll see how that goes over!

My favorite so far? The Banderhobbs. I never used them in previous editions, but I'm going to have to find a way to throw them into my campaign.

Agreed on all counts! I pretty much instantly levelled the Banderhobbs up so I could toss them into my current campaign, where the PCs are trapped in an epic level Domain of Dread... that now has Banderhobbs as the 'secret police' of the dark powers.

Drammattex

First Post
You guys are seriously making my day--I'm totally thrilled that people like the banderhobb (and are being swallowed by them on a regular basis!).

As for me, I may de-level them a bit, but perhaps not. I'm used to using them (in 2e and 3e) around 5th-8th level, but now that I'm no longer afraid to run adventures above 10th level I may just leave them where they are and have them be horrible, somewhat unstoppable monsters until the PCs become savvy enough to take them on. Much to consider...

In 2e, one of the PCs was grabbed by the tongue and dragged toward the mouth. He locked his legs on the thing's jaws as it drew him in, and fought it for a while before being swallowed (his strength sucked). There was some shock as he spent a couple rounds out of the fight before slicing his way through its belly and exploding back onto the field. That player was all about the cinematic (and a high octane DM as well).

Remove ads