• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Someone has to do it [Andromeda]

Wolf72

Explorer
Planetary Assault Bot's, Fleet Action and Crushed rebellion ... Oh My!!

caught last weeks and this weeks episdoes this weekend ...

Wolf very happy .

for a however few minutes worth of time they were on the entire show was worth seeing tweedle dum and tweedle dee.

uv23

First Post
I have to admit. At first I thought Andromeda was possibly the worst sci fi show since Earth: Final Conflict. But the last couple episodes have been pretty enjoyable. I think sci fi producers are starting to realize that the audience is sick of goody two shoes high and mighty space heroes. Time for a little nitty gritty.

MulhorandSage

First Post
Unfortnately, they fired the writer because the episodes were too gritty and dark, too serialized, and not Sorbo-friendly.

Appreciate it while you can, because after this year, Andromeda will likely be pretty marginal.

Scott Bennie

R

Rubeus Hagrid

Thank Goddess. I had given up on Andromeda because it had gone from the best show on TV to one more dose of gritty, grim, dark crap. Dark is all well and good, but when its the default, those of us who still read Silver-Age Superman as primary literature and proclaim the extreme superiority of Star Trek: TOS over later forms get kind of left behind.

MJEggertson

First Post
Heh, I liked all the Andromeda shows. Well...ok...there may have been a few duds. I really had my doubts about Sorbo, but it keeps me entertained if I'm at home on Saturday afternoons.

-Mike

Lord Pendragon

First Post
uv23 said:
I have to admit. At first I thought Andromeda was possibly the worst sci fi show since Earth: Final Conflict.

On a side note, I thought the first season of Earth: Final Conflict was brilliant. Then they decided all the episodes had to be "one-shots," fired the main character, and lobotomized the plot. *sigh*

Tace

First Post
Last week's episode was the first Andromeda episode that I actually wanted to finish. I usually watch it for about 10 minutes before something annoys me or kicks in my "this show should be better filter."

I keep giving Andromeda the benefit of the doubt because it seems that sci-fi shows need a season or two to get into their stride. Star Trek TNG and Babylon 5 being prime examples.

A2Z

Explorer
I like Andromeda. I hope it keeps going for awhile anyway. Beside Neitchiens are a pretty cool idea. They remind me of Battletech's Clans, but with spurs.

Hopeful the change of writer won't doom the show. :(

Wolfshead

Explorer
MulhorandSage said:
Unfortnately, they fired the writer because the episodes were too gritty and dark, too serialized, and not Sorbo-friendly.

Appreciate it while you can, because after this year, Andromeda will likely be pretty marginal.

Actually, this might be after next week. The latest episode (with the rebellion on Earth) and the next are apparently the last with which the former head writer had any involvement.

Randy
(who enjoyed 'Hercules', but isn't looking forward to 'Hercules in Space')

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
The show has devoloped better than I thought it would and I have become a follower, it is an enjoyable hour.

I think Sorbo knows what fans like, plus Romey is a babe.

Remove ads