• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Something is very wrong here...

Temprus

First Post
All the other sites we looked up listed the same authors and page count. It is the same ISBN that wizard's has for the ELH on their catalog page.

Hecatol

First Post
It looks like the problem might be with WotC. The Epic Level Handbook and the Book of Challenges, both of which are to be published in June, have identical ISBNs.

Since the price and author info on Amazon corresponds to the latter book, I anticipate that's what they would send out when June comes around.

XCorvis

First Post
ColonelHardisson said:
I can testify to the fact that they won't. They had a low-ball price for Defenders of the Faith, and when the correct price came along, they simply sent an e-mail out that said it had changed, and gave the option of cancelling the order. I cancelled the order. I think a few folk here had the same experience, and only a couple of them got Amazon to honor the original price. Others were just told, effectively, "too bad."
You are absolutely right. They did that to me on DoF as well. Don't bother ordering it now unless you want to pay full price anyway. Wait until it comes out and order it thru the ENWorld store...

Cloudgatherer

First Post
Actually, I'm almost positive they have to honor that price. When they send you the e-mail, just tell them you'll report them to the Attorney General. My dad had a similar experience with some audio/video equipment and made them stick to their advertised price.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Whether they do, or whether they have found some arcane loophole in the law that allows them to get away with it, I don't know; all I know is that if I have to go through a hassle for a few bucks off, I'd rather buy elsewhere.

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
If somehow the Epic Book and the Book of Challenges are listed with the same ISBN (which they can NOT have the same ISBN) and the authors listed are really for the BoC then they can simply claim that they made a mistake in the listing. If 12 other sites also made the same mistake then they all had a common source for their information and that would/should have been WotC. In other words I don't think Amazon would or even could be held responsible if they were given faulty information. Also if they gave you adequate notice then that should get them off the hook. Lastly I'm sure somewhere on their site they have a clause that basically says that prices are subject to change. I could go on but enough is enough.

See what only one semester of law school does to you. If there is a Hell on Earth it's law school.

And no I did not fail out; I chose to leave on my own, it just was not for me.

MythandLore

First Post
Okay that was just creepy...

Hardcover - 128 pages (June 2002)
by Daniel Kaufman, Gwendolyn F., M. Kestrel, Mike Selinker

Not 300 pages.
Not the right writers.
I didn't even see a metion of DnD or WotC anywhere.

So here's the $15.36 question,
What is a non-dnd Epic Level Handbook, and what do you do with it?
A fantasy novel or self help book???

reapersaurus

Explorer
About DotF: Oh, yeah - I ordered it for $9.99 after the posters here alerted me to it: (long-overdue Thanks, BTW!)

I emailed and asked them just to be sure, and they assured me it WAS 9.99.
Then they tried to retract it like they did with everyone else.
So I showed them their confirmation like only a week before, and they ended up honoring it for me.

But it was such a pain, I think I'd rather just buy from local stores (or Talon) in the future...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads