Somewhat big-ish news in video games today (Intellivision Amico)....

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Tommy Tallarico, embattled CEO of Intellivision Entertainment LLC, has stepped down today and, interestingly, it has come to light that the LLC has been suspended by the state of California FTB. The future isn't looking very good for the thrice delayed game console.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Tommy Tallarico, embattled CEO of Intellivision Entertainment LLC, has stepped down today and, interestingly, it has come to light that the LLC has been suspended by the state of California FTB. The future isn't looking very good for the thrice delayed game console.
I mean, the writing was on the wall from the get go

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I mean, the writing was on the wall from the get go

Yeah. Tommy has flat our provably lied about tons of stuff since the project launched in 2018 (the SEC even asked for clarification re: his claims that J Allard was still involved with the project almost a full year after he left). I'm amazed that it has lasted this long, frankly (and they're about to launch a FOURTH round of crowdfunding). I've beseeched all of my friends on Facebook and Twitter who may have money invested in this to get get it back, now, before that is no longer an option.

Last edited:

I wish there was more being done. Tallarico is still at Intellivision, he's just president instead of CEO. And Intellivision still has two functioning LLCs in CA. It's essentially a paperwork thing, they're not being shut down.

The Amico is clearly a scam. I've been following it for a while since it became a big topic on the CU Podcast. But I have little hope that Tallarico will face justice for what I would consider fraud. He's laughing all the way to the bank.

I'll make the inevitable comparison between Tommy Tallarico and Justin LaNasa. They have the same scam: suckering people in with nostalgia, taking their money, and not delivering a final product. What little they can produce is a joke. Tommy is just better at it. He's playing a bigger game, with more money.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I wish there was more being done. Tallarico is still at Intellivision, he's just president instead of CEO. And Intellivision still has two functioning LLCs in CA. It's essentially a paperwork thing, they're not being shut down.

The Amico is clearly a scam. I've been following it for a while since it became a big topic on the CU Podcast. But I have little hope that Tallarico will face justice for what I would consider fraud. He's laughing all the way to the bank.

I'll make the inevitable comparison between Tommy Tallarico and Justin LaNasa. They have the same scam: suckering people in with nostalgia, taking their money, and not delivering a final product. What little they can produce is a joke. Tommy is just better at it. He's playing a bigger game, with more money.

It's Intellivision Entertainment LLC that has been suspended in California (people are speculating for not paying taxes). Regardless, I don't think Intellivision is long for this world. From the SEC memorandum that accompanies their latest crowdfunding effort:

"if no other sources of capital are raised and if only the minimum is raised as part of the CF offering the company would only have operating cash for ONE TO TWO MONTHS...if the max $5M is raised, this would fund the company for approximately SEVEN TO NINE MONTHS."

You can read the filing HERE (the pertinent text is in the middle of page 39). So, while Tommy may never face criminal charges, I think this particular money train is about to permanently derail.

Remove ads