• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Soneillon. Part 1 (Updated 6/15)

Dakkareth

First Post
F5 said:

Gating in some Paragon Pseudonatural Umbral Pit Fiend of Legend which, in the magic-enhancing realm of Afqithan would eat everyone

Paragon Umbral Pseudonatural Pit Fiend of Legend of the Higher Order, of course ... ;)

(using the epic pseudonatural template)

Good explanation btw ...

Talix

Explorer
Woah - things are NOT looking good for the good guys! :eek:

I'm honestly surprised Shoemi survived all that. It was a good thought about taking out the dragon, and I'm sure he's not too happy right now, but geez... :p

And the REALLY scary thought, is that huge dragon is still scared of taking on the king - woah. :cool:

Dakkareth

First Post
Talix said:
And the REALLY scary thought, is that huge dragon is still scared of taking on the king - woah. :cool:

But the king is also scared of Soneillon and she doesn't want to take on the party herself ...

Also the king seems to have lost control of the situation ... three dukes of hell waiting for an audience, probably impatient by now, a group of frighteningly powerful individuals in his realm, an alliance with an immortal enemy of his former sponsor Grazz't, who is more than scary in her own right ... gates opening all over the place pulling high-level celestials to his place ...

It might well be, that his little plane is to become the battlefield of five different parties (Hell, Abyss, Soneillon, Celestials and the party) almost all of them outclassing him in power and if it comes to that, he'll most likely be the sixth power entangled in this planar politics and warfare. Things don't look too well for him in this particular moment ...

(Which of course was the intention - step on Grazz't's toes. Maybe they succeed just too well ...)

Anyway, the course of events and twists is absolutely fascinating.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Well, I've just returned from a lovely weeks holiday on the beach, made even more delightful by reading the compiled storyhour to date on my palmpilot :)

Sep, I'd heard that this storyhour was worth a read, and I'm really impressed by the setting, the players, the twisty-turny bits and so on. Great stuff, and I'll keep an eye out for further story updates.

Best wishes,

Ithian

First Post
Hi, I'm Kevin, and I'm a Wyre-aholic.

I just wanted to say a quick few words regarding the dangers of this Story Hour. Once you pick it up, you can't put i down. I've blown off more time at work reading this when I should have been programming. :) Sep, this is truly an awe-inspiring work, and I and my entire gaming group have enjoyed it immensely. (Well, except the one person who refuses to read anything until a series is complete, for exactly the reason that's traumatizing all of us here on the boards...she has no patience for waiting for the next installment...plus she's heard enough to know that she'll be hooked on Epic-genre RPing).

We definitely look forward to future updates, but I wanted to pose a query. Have you considered publishing the Wyre campaign setting as a commercial d20 setting? That's how Kalamar got started, isn't it? You've got immense amounts of history, geography, politics, religion, etc. inorporated already. I can't imagine that it would be a far leap to compile and flesh out that content to build a sourcebook that would allow others to play in your world.

Just curious...I think it would be cool to find a good higher-magic level campaign setting besides FR.

Now stop reading this and please get back to writing...I'm not the most patient person in the world... :)

-Kev

Olive

Explorer
Ithian said:
Have you considered publishing the Wyre campaign setting as a commercial d20 setting?

I think there would be huge problms releasing it as a setting other than by WotC, given the ammount of WotC stuff that's in there (demons, planes etc.)

I'd love to see more, however, if that could be overcome.

porthos

Community Supporter
Fantastic

Just read the story from start to here over the last week. Absolutely incredible. I can't wait for more. Thanks, Sep.

Azure Trance

First Post
Sep, I'm curious what books you might have read in order to better understand the entire angel / devil concept and history. Do you have any good sources which would be worth reading?

Remove ads