• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Song Dragons: What supplement are they in?

Jolly Giant

First Post
Crothian said:
it's not a good one...it's on my giveaway pile

I have it; got it when it first came out. And the only monster from it I've ever used is the song dragon! :cool: Well, I've used fang dragons, but that was in a 3.5 game, so I used the Draconomicon version.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Jolly Giant said:
I have it; got it when it first came out. And the only monster from it I've ever used is the song dragon! :cool: Well, I've used fang dragons, but that was in a 3.5 game, so I used the Draconomicon version.
Yeah, most of those monsters were worthless, but the dragons were OK.

Pants

First Post
Jolly Giant said:
I've used Sword Spiders and Gibberlings several times, but the Song Dragon was the most used out of the monsters. It played an important NPC. :)

Jolly Giant

First Post
Pants said:
I've used Sword Spiders and Gibberlings several times, but the Song Dragon was the most used out of the monsters. It played an important NPC. :)

Ah, yes! The sword spiders; I forgot about those. Used them once, as mounts for a squad of drow blackguards...

MythosaAkira

Explorer
Faraer said:
Song dragons, by the way, are the 3E incarnation of weredragons (see, for instance, FA1 Halls of the High King).

When I read the entry on "song dragons" in MoF, I thought they were the updated version of the "steel dragon" (aka "Greyhawk dragon") from 2E, mainly due to their preference of humanity over fellow dragons.

Liquidsabre

Explorer
I've used several of the creatures from MoF, the beholders and the beholder mage PrC are pretty neat, used dragonkin and a song dragon, had alot of fun with crawling claws in one adventure (including a necromancer who ended up getting essentially "thing" as a familiar), used a brown dragon before Darconomicon came out and a shadow dragon, had an interesting encounter with fog giant skirmishers, Thayan golems I'm using IMC atm, made use of the fiendish orcs (Tanarukks) and elves (Fey'ri) before RoF came out, fought a Sharn before it was made into a city, used a black unicorn for a neat female blackguard NPC, and currently using a baelnorn (good elf lich) as a major NPC ally. Of course, I've been using the book since it first came out, since then my use has significantly declined since I use similar/same creatures that have been updated (or just reprinted) elsewhere and have many more books to peruse now. But I've been playing/running a FR game for several years now. ;)

diaglo

Adventurer
Crothian said:
it's not a good one...

totally agree.

worst part is the fact that put some of the staples of earlier editions in this one instead of say a hardback like the Fiend Folio or Monster Manual 2 or 3. like the bullywug, peryton, and gibberling

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Faraer said:
Song dragons, by the way, are the 3E incarnation of weredragons (see, for instance, FA1 Halls of the High King).

before that, an old issue of Dragon, and after FA1 they were in one of the Monstrous Compendiums. :)

Remove ads